Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone my name is Gloria and I'm having the sleeve done July 19th I'm 65 and I had a lot of concerns about my age but my doctor put that to rest. I hope everybody's doing well please keep in touch.

Hi everyone my name is Gloria and I'm having the sleeve done July 19th I'm 65 and I had a lot of concerns about my age but my doctor put that to rest. I hope everybody's doing well please keep in touch.

Hey Gloria, so how are you doing? I,m 66 and looking at August for mine. I was worried about age also, but anything would be better than living like this (or yikes even maybe getting worse) for the rest of my life. Tired of being tired, can't breathe, can't really even exercise much. Did you have any problems or suggestions? Good luck

Hello Ladies, My name is Barbara I had my bypasss done on May 8 2017. I am 67 and I was concerned about my age but I go past it and I am loving my tool. Good luck to both of you.

Hey Gloria, so how are you doing? I,m 66 and looking at August for mine. I was worried about age also, but anything would be better than living like this (or yikes even maybe getting worse) for the rest of my life. Tired of being tired, can't breathe, can't really even exercise much. Did you have any problems or suggestions? Good luck

Hi there I am doing great I lost 42 pounds already other than having a little problem in the beginning with the small infection that has cleared up right away. Even though I always had a life that I was sitting down watching TV and eating things that work the best for me I am now walking everyday and getting these weak legs of mine a run for their money lol. Hope you're doing this is a journey I probably should have done years ago but I'm glad I did it now. I'm on a regular bariatric diet which means I can eat mostly anything if it agrees with me and looking forward to what the future brings I hope you're doing well on your weight loss Journey take care.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi everyone! I’ll be 62 in March. I’m almost 9 years post-op. Had RNY on 10/24/2008. My starting weight was 243.6. I lost 110 pounds and kept it off for a few years but then I started eating the wrong things and drinking alcohol. Before I knew it I had gained back {{{{ 60 }}}} pounds!!! I’ve lost ten and would like to lose another 40 or so.

I am 67 my name is Barbara I had bypass on 5/8/17 I am happy to find folks my age. I need a mentor too. I will be happy to share wit you. Good luck.

Hi
My name is Mary and I'm new to the site. Had Bypass on 8/21/17 and am also looking for mentors in my age group. I'm 61 !
My stats are : height 5 ft 4 in. Weight at surgery: 236. Weight now 197. One dear land! Lol. Us boomers need to stick together!

I'm 64 and had surgery on 5/16/2017. I had my 6 month checkup with my surgeon yesterday. I've lost 70 lbs so far but he was of the opinion I should have lost 10-15 more. I do have a fair amount of edema (swelling) in my lower legs and feet. He allowed that I could be hiding 15 lbs there. He also said I probably have a very "efficient" metabolism. Sigh...

I'm not unhappy with my progress. I'm working out and have SO much more energy than before. Hubby likes it!

Surgery - RNY GBP
Surgery Date - 5/16/2017
HW - 368
SW - 352
GW - 150

Sent from my Note Edge

Just wondering if you eat grains? I'm pre surgery, but when I cut out grains and sugar my edema went away. I fell iff the wagon and my edema came back. Now I'm back on the low carb track with no grains or sugar and my edema has cleared up again.

Just wondering if you eat grains? I'm pre surgery, but when I cut out grains and sugar my edema went away. I fell iff the wagon and my edema came back. Now I'm back on the low carb track with no grains or sugar and my edema has cleared up again.

I am trying to curb my carbs. I do think a lot of it is a product of my weight and having a sedentary job for so long. When I was a floor nurse and running around so much, I did not have leg edema. Now that I've retired, I'm working out more and trying to sit less.

Surgery - RNY GBP
Surgery Date - 5/16/2017
HW - 368
SW - 352
GW - 150

Sent from my Note Edge

My edema was so bad the skin on my shins is damaged. My Dr. said it's like scar tissue and probably permanent. Oh well, I can live with that and saggy skin, I just want to feel more comfortable and have more energy. I do Water aerobics now that I'm retired, and have stuck to the low carb since October 1st. Since revision from lap band is more complicated than just bypass, my surgeon wants me to get rid of as much belly fat as possible. It's a daily fight for sure, because I'm such a sugar addict. I could live on sweets[emoji22]