Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Real Good Pizza Co

This is so encouraging! I'm two weeks post-op, and I'm telling you, the night before surgery, I dreamt about pizza! It's the one thing I miss the most.. oh well!

One day down the line, I'll have to try this!

I had this today for first time. Really good but a bit expensive considering. I am going to try making my own, gonna pound some chicken breast down for e crust. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Please do. I'm curious as to how it'll turn out.

They are insanely expensive considering you can make a flat bread pizza with the low carb flat out bread for probably $2 a pizza if that.

This is so encouraging! I'm two weeks post-op, and I'm telling you, the night before surgery, I dreamt about pizza! It's the one thing I miss the most.. oh well!

For 25 grams of Protein and 4 carbs I'm good with it. They have different kinds also.

25 grams of Protein and only 4 carbs. I'm ok with that!

I found out about the Real Good pizza Co. a few weeks ago and thought I would try it, when someone on BP told me that there were recipes out there that were delicious and easy for the same type of pizza.... the parm cheese and chicken crust.

So instead of spending the money on Real Good, I followed a link that someone left here for the pizza and I made my own crust with my own toppings. I have to tell you, it turned out amazing! The chicken/parm crust was awesome! If you went to know how to make it, I've posted the recipe below. Love the fact that the carbs are almost nothing and the Protein is high in this recipe.

Ingredients

One pound ground (raw) chicken breast - or 3 small boneless breasts, pulsed in food processor
½ cup grated Parmesan
1 cup freshly shredded part skim mozzarella - one cup shredded cheese is 4 ounces by weight
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Dried oregano
½ cup prepared Pasta sauce
Crushed red pepper flakes
4 or 5 basil leaves, rolled and sliced
Toppings - lets not go crazy with fat - I used Molinari very lean pepperoni in paper thin slices

Instructions
Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper or foil sprayed with non stick vegetable cooking spray.
In a medium bowl combine the ground chicken with ¼ cup parmesan, ¼ cup mozzarella, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and ½ teaspoon oregano.
Mound the chicken mixture onto the parchment and pat into flat rectangle or disc. Cover with plastic wrap and evenly press or roll the chicken into a 7x10" rectangle or round. I use a rolling pin to get it very thin. Remove the plastic wrap and roast until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Tip: make sure your crust is on the crispy side to keep it from having a rubbery texture.
Smear crust with sauce, scatter with ¼ cup Parmesan, ¾ cup mozzarella, layer with toppings and season with a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes and ¼ teaspoon oregano.
Pop back into hot oven and cook until melted and bubbly 6 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and scatter with chopped basil.

Edited by mylighthouse

If you like to cook, these are actually quite easy to make from scratch.

http://www.bariatriceating.com/2015/07/chicken-crust-pizza-nocarbpizza-bariatricpizza/

I love these pizzas. They have enchiladas too. Every pay check I treat myself to 2 pizzas and 2 enchiladas.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

I really liked the pepperoni one, hated the Breakfast pizza. Even though the pepperoni was delicious, I didn't buy them again due to the sodium content. It was the first thing out of a freezer I ate since surgery 4 months ago :P

I wonder if you could use ground turkey instead of chicken? Turkey is pretty cheap where I live. Big turkey farm in town nearby, drives prices down to manageable levels, actually,cheaper than ground beef. Used to love hamburgers and other g.b., But they,don't sit well and hard to swallow. Chew everything down as well as possible with dentures, even though still presurg,my gastritis made me enter "spring training" early, maybe after my surgical "call up to the Major Leagues" I'll have the skill down pat[emoji12]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

When I looked into these products I noticed that they are really high in fat - maybe I am wrong?

I'd be looking into home made..plenty of recipes online that way you know exactly what you're eating!!