Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thinking about switching to Dr. ILLAN

I had my hear set on Dr. Corvala who is an excellent surgeon. However, my only concern is that the process does not seem to be very hands on. I don't even think I am supposed to be able to talk to him until the day of surgery. Anyways not too much information has been provided for me regarding the process and I am the type of person that would need a lot of support through this process. I just need to know from other people that Dr. Illan is just as qualified because all the pre op, during and after care seems like just what I need. I have just not been able to find as much information regarding his credentials. Also, why are some bariatric surgeons more expensive than others. How many surgeries does he perorm in a day? Are the rooms private?

The rooms are private. He only does 4 surgeries per day. The great thing about Dr. Illan being partnered with BP is that Alex is on top of providing that kind of information to be as transparent as possible. You can find most of his credentials right here: https://teammx.bariatricpal.com/pages/dr-jalil-illan-surgeon-oasis-hospital

Oasis of Hope has very large comfortable Private rooms. The whole BariatricPal Team provide a level of service, care and compassion that cannot be Beat. You are more than welcome to contact me with any questions you might have also I can upload pictures of the Hospital and Hotel that I took while I was there if you would like.

The support given by Dr. Illan and the BariatricPal Team MX is beyond amazing. The hospital rooms are large and private and have the most glorious shower (lol). The nursing staff and Doctors that assist Dr. Illan are the most kind and compassionate people I have ever met. And the Hospital Staff (admissions and the director) are phenomenal. In my opinion, you cannot ask for a better surgeon than Dr. Illan.

1 hour ago, 2-Liter said:

Oasis of Hope has very large comfortable Private rooms. The whole BariatricPal Team provide a level of service, care and compassion that cannot be Beat. You are more than welcome to contact me with any questions you might have also I can upload pictures of the Hospital and Hotel that I took while I was there if you would like.

Thank you so much. I am getting ready for work right not but will definitely take you up on those things later today.

48 minutes ago, Bill Yanez said:

kinipela24, if I can assist you with any questions or concerns you may have, please feel free to private message me, email me Bill@Bariatricpal.com or give me a call 619-900-7808.

I believe we have an appoitment to speak this afternoon :)

39 minutes ago, Adriane said:

The support given by Dr. Illan and the BariatricPal Team MX is beyond amazing. The hospital rooms are large and private and have the most glorious shower (lol). The nursing staff and Doctors that assist Dr. Illan are the most kind and compassionate people I have ever met. And the Hospital Staff (admissions and the director) are phenomenal. In my opinion, you cannot ask for a better surgeon than Dr. Illan.

Thanks! Good to know.

5 hours ago, MissKay said:

The rooms are private. He only does 4 surgeries per day. The great thing about Dr. Illan being partnered with BP is that Alex is on top of providing that kind of information to be as transparent as possible. You can find most of his credentials right here: https://teammx.bariatricpal.com/pages/dr-jalil-illan-surgeon-oasis-hospital

Thanks girl! I appreciate these details.

I had my hear set on Dr. Corvala who is an excellent surgeon. However, my only concern is that the process does not seem to be very hands on. I don't even think I am supposed to be able to talk to him until the day of surgery. Anyways not too much information has been provided for me regarding the process and I am the type of person that would need a lot of support through this process. I just need to know from other people that Dr. Illan is just as qualified because all the pre op, during and after care seems like just what I need. I have just not been able to find as much information regarding his credentials. Also, why are some bariatric surgeons more expensive than others. How many surgeries does he perorm in a day? Are the rooms private?

Hi, this is a big decision you are making to have surgery. The entire team and my self will try to walk you through the process and make this journey as easy as possible, you will never be alone. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the surgical procedures!!

Hi Dr illan! do you have some edvice for me,
,I did the sleeve surgery 6 months ago & lost 40 lb the first 2 months after wards I didn't lost nothing I can eat the all day with almost no restriction & I'm a sugar addict too

1 minute ago, punchcake said:

Hi Dr illan! do you have some edvice for me,
,I did the sleeve surgery 6 months ago & lost 40 lb the first 2 months after wards I didn't lost nothing I can eat the all day with almost no restriction & I'm a sugar addict too

Well this is not what i want to hear! Sorry for what you are going through.

On 3/8/2017 at 7:29 AM, Dr. Jalil Illan Fraijo said:

Hi, this is a big decision you are making to have surgery. The entire team and my self will try to walk you through the process and make this journey as easy as possible, you will never be alone. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the surgical procedures!!

I can't believe I orgot to reply to this! Thank you so much for contacting me. i have read up about your experience ad credentials and I am very impressed. I have submitted my form to Bill to be reviewed. It is a very big decision but it also may be my only hope.

Yes, I had my sleeve on November 18, 2016 with Dr Illan through Bill Yanez and I cannot say enough great things about this wonderful group of people. What is promised is delivered. Best decision I have ever made and I'm super close to my goal already!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app