Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I believe it's the carbonation that can cause pain and bloating for gas. I miss drinking my la croix sparkling waters, now I just add lime to my Water.

Don't do it... it may not hurt you, but you'll get back into drinking it. It's not good for you/us.

Edited by bodyslmmn

It has been my daily ritual for years. Diet Pepsi in the a.m. first thing. I'm 51 and cleaned out my closet and found a diet Pepsi coupon stuck in the pages of the a college book from 1993 so it has been really really hard to give up. I've given it up for 5 months now. It's been hard....I guess it was my addiction. Definitely not good for you esp.with you surgery! Be strong ! :)

It's not forever. I'm 19 months out and I do have an occasional carbonated drink. I seldom drink 12 ounces and only drink once or twice a week. You'll never drink 6/day again. Also, there is no damage caused to a sleeve after you move to regular foods. I will say I couldn't do more than a sip until I was 6-8 months post op.

carbinionation blows up our tummies like a balloon and then it hurts and is gassy. I was told no carbonation for at least 6 months...if EVER. And I'm a full blown Diet Coke addict. But I haven't wanted any at all post surgery. Thank GOD.

Honestly, when I do drink Diet Coke it's like a gateway drug to all the other bad things I like.

I drank tons of Diet Coke before surgery. I haven't craved it since (I'm close to a month out) but I'm pretty scared that once I get back to regular food I'm going to miss the routine of having a Diet Coke with my meals. I hope not!

carbinionation blows up our tummies like a balloon and then it hurts and is gassy. I was told no carbonation for at least 6 months...if EVER. And I'm a full blown Diet Coke addict. But I haven't wanted any at all post surgery. Thank GOD.

Honestly, when I do drink Diet Coke it's like a gateway drug to all the other bad things I like.

Occasionally, I'll order a Diet Coke with lunch. When I leave the table 3/4's of it is still left!

I drank tons of Diet Coke before surgery. I haven't craved it since (I'm close to a month out) but I'm pretty scared that once I get back to regular food I'm going to miss the routine of having a Diet Coke with my meals. I hope not!

The further away from diet coke you get the worse it taste when you go back. I am 6 years off of soda and you couldn't pay me to drink it again. It's nasty!!

Sadly, I am addicted to diet coke as well.
I cut it out for two weeks, and then I drank one and I am addicted again.
I haven't been sleeved yet, but I am hoping I can give it up.

I am am posting this in hopes of helping everyone who has a diet soda addiction. I know its hard to break any addiction as I myself am working through a sugar addiction. I have broken the soda and fast food addiction over the last few years so believe me I inow the addiction is real. But you can do it if you arm yourself with some information about the foods and drinks we consume that are truly harmful for us. Knowledge is power and I want all of you to feel powerful and strong as you embark into a new food lifestyle. :)

First, if you have Netflix, look up these movies and watch them over and over. "HUNGRY FOR CHANGE" & " FOOD MATTERS" . They will also lead you to other movies about food that can change how you view the foods you eat. I truly believe that actually knowing what you are eating makes it easier NOT to put it in your mouth in the first place.

Diet sodas are a cocktail of chemicals that destroy your body all the while wanting you to believe they are safe and healthy to drink. You can actually CLEAN YOUR TOILET with coke products. Try it then think about putting it in your body.

Fast food is not real food. Go buy a mcdonalds burger, your favorite and place it on your counter and wait for it to spoil. It wont. It will not break down because it is not real food. Would you really want to eat something that isnt real food? These small thought process changes really do help you change your perceptions of food. And if we can change our perception ,we can change our life. That is a fact in every aspect of life.

We have all embarked upon a journey of serious body modification (surgical intervention) to make a real change in our lives. To bring health and wellness and true changes to ourselves. Our bodies are becoming temples. Bring your spirit into this journey as well. Learn about the nasty, foul, and disgusting items out there that are not real food. See them for the demons they are and do not allow them into the temple you are building.

I wish all of you success and I look forward to seeing you all someday on the losers bench. :)

9 months out of surgery and 230 pounds later, I'm still drinking the same amount of Coke Zero. I can't seem to get upset by something that has zero calories and zero sugar. It is 99% Water after all.

Edited by sgc

4 minutes ago, sgc said:

9 months out of surgery and 230 pounds later, I'm still drinking the same amount of Coke Zero. I can't seem to get upset by something that has zero calories and zero sugar. It is 99% Water after all.

Coke zero still contains aspertame, and a whole host of chemical additives. Do not be decieved about the dangers of those chemicals in your body. Would you drink a glass of Water if I put just 1% of battery acid in it ?Just a thought.

Also much congratulations on your weight loss! That is great! I know that took hard work! :)