Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still loving my sleeve over 2 years out

Just a little motivation for those of you just starting. If I can do it anyone can. It takes work, everyday good choices, but the sleeve helps!!!

I love that even when I mentally crave something outside my normal eating routine, the smallest portion fills me up and I'm satisfied.

A few pics. First before and after VSG. Second before and after 360 LBL. Still amazes me how can that be me!!!!!! But it is.

Best wishes to those starting your journey. You can do it!!!!

ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1488850530.224871.jpg ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1488850547.617871.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Did you need surgery to get your stomach that flat

Oh yes!!! The second picture is before and after LBL, full 360 lower body lift.

The first set is after Sleeve but before body lift, with spankx of course. I won't miss wearing those to hold in all the extra skin

Edited by imadethelist

You look amazing! Thank you for sharing your success! I'm at the beginning of my journey, your post motivates me!

4 hours ago, doingit4me2017 said:

You look amazing! Thank you for sharing your success! I'm at the beginning of my journey, your post motivates me!

You can do it!!!! Follow your Dr's diet and make it your new normal. If I can help in any way reach out. I'll be cheering you on

Mine did cover. When that time comes talk to your Primary Care, Dermatoligist and Plastic Surgeon. All can write letters to insurance about and medical need you have. If extra skin causes rash, chaffing, infections etc you MIGHT get them to cover. Best wishes to you!!!!!

I am a month post-op and need some encouragement. I am still mourning food and sometimes as myself why I went through with surgery. I know it will eventually get easier. I just find myself hung up thinking that I will never again be able to enjoy some foods that I used to love. Also, how has your stomach size increased?

You look fantastic and it is really encouraging

You're right it will get easier but only if you really stick to your diet. I encourage you to use the first two years to turn what you consider today as your diet into "just how you eat now". It's a lifestyle change for sure. I did it by staying totally focused on Protein. If I was going to eat it had to be protein first. That helped because after some protein I was always full.

You will get to have the things you love again but if your anything like me you might not want them after you change your eating habits or a small amount will satisfy you. I was a Pasta junkie!!! I barley eat it now by choice and when I do a few bites is plenty.

My stomach, I've been very disciplined about not stuffing myself so I feel it's still very small. I eat probably 1-1.5 cups of food at a time. I think it's the best part. Small amounts avoid me from getting into trouble even when I don't make the best choices.

Good luck in your journey. This can be life changing if you do the work. And it's soooo worth all the work.

Best wishes!!!!

I'm 7 months out and have been at goal a month. It is really wonderful but not easy. I know I'm not going to eat Pasta, bread and such. I do eat my Protein first, usually chicken or fish. But damn, I wish if/when I eat something I shouldn't like a dessert or candy it would be hard to eat. But it isn't. It's very hard work but we must continue to mentally stay on plan.
I'm glad my tummy keeps my overall meals portion controlled but it is still hard work, especially at goal to say no to carbs and sweets.

Better and worse than I thought. Recovery was no BS, but hardest part was not being able to get around and relying on others. First two weeks were rough but truly no pain when I was sitting still; and just really uncomfortable when I had to get up. After that just bored being laid up so long, that was worse than I expected. Went back to excercise walking at 5.5 weeks. A few tips

1. I rented a recliner that stands you all the way up. This was key!!!! I lived in it for 4 weeks even slept in it.

2. Walker, helped first week and half just for extra security when I was moving.

3. A raised toilet seat helped first week and half.

4. Shower seat of course makes for safer first showers

Overall I NEVER had even one moment of regret. I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Edited by imadethelist

Wow, wow, wow!!! Simply amazing. You look phenomenal! You have zero evidence of wls on your stomach. All your scars are gone. I can only dream of results like this in two years. Thanks for the hope and motivation!!!