Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trouble eating 10 years out

Hi , just wondering if anyone has had these issues way out from surgery. Just recently it seems my pouch ( had gastric bypass 2006) gets full very fast like only after a couple of bites fast. I also find that there are quite a few things now I can not tolerate like chicken , beef breads. I have been lucky it seems my pouch never stretched out like they say might happen but never heard of it tightening to the point that I become full extremely fast. Some things are causing me great pain in chest area and also makes me vomit. What is going on I am a bit scared. My primary Dr sent me to Gastroenterologist who did endoscopy found small ulcer treated with meds ( for two weeks) but I am still struggling. Anyone have this happen and can tell me what to do thanks

I had a VBG in 2005 and have never been able to eat more than slop ever since. My stomach swells and becomes as tight as a drum. I told my Doctors about the problem and they made all the right noises about revision but never delivered. Dieticians came up with the answer that it was all in my head. Finally some 12 years later they have come up with the solution. The stapleline has come undone and the area around the band has narrowed. I found that I too had pain around the ring area. Don't give up. If you think there is a problem remain positive and stand your ground

Edited by Ro Rookes

19 hours ago, Lindairene said:

Omg Ro,I am so glad you stuck to your guns! I wonder if that could happen to a gastric bypass?

Edited by Ro Rookes

Sorry about the previous post. I seem to have picked up a rogue attachment. I am pressing the hospital to tell me if they have written anything about my "supposed mental state. They have written back without answering the question. I have replied by requoting the question. To date have not received a reply. Diagnosed with a stricture and a broken stapleline in February. Progress slow. Will keep you up to date on progress.

Attending for a further endoscopy tomorrow. Don't feel I need it as I had one in February. What else are they looking for.

Ro, I too had a ulcer in my stomach. I am 5 years out and have had problems since day 1. My ulcer is a bleeding ulcer. It's bad. Had them the 1st year also. I can't seem to get rid of them. I keep on having strictures all the time. 3 months ago I've started losing weight again and I don't know what to do. I look like skin and bones. Any suggestions on how to gain any weight back? I need at least 30lbs back. My daughters are worried about me. They have told me more than once they wish I was fat again cause I was healthier and happier then. I have no energy or anything to do anything at all. I never go out anymore. I may be 61 and single but I should be going out and doing the things I love to do. I shouldn't be laying in the bed 24/7. Please if you have any ideas of what I need to do, tell me. I will definitely listen and try. I don't wanna just lay here and die. Does anyone know what I mean? Please Help? Wish I could help all of you, but, I don't know what to even do with myself. I pray everyone gets better.
Sharon

Oh my gosh, Sharon! It sounds like you need a second opinion. In the meantime, drink 1/2 to 2/3 of your calories. Keep trying solid food, but don't depend on it for your nutrition.