Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bananas also have a lot of sugar. If you don't get your Protein in, your going to burn muscle instead of fat. If I don't get all my Water in I get terribly constipated. High protein, low sugar and carbs, and 64 ounces of water. I promise if you follow that you will start dropping weight in a few days, but no cheating! Just advice based on my own trial and errors as you have to test the waters and get to know your body all over again! Also stay away from bread- there's nothing in there good for you anymore, you don't need it, and it contains too many carbs. It makes me put on a couple pounds even if I have just a few bites because it throws my body out of weight loss mode!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

No one has mentioned when to add solid foods do hopefully the plan someone posted for you has that information. You have to follow the plan to heal your new tummy and prevent a leak. Do not try to advance to another level of eating until the plan tells you too. I recommend the mayo Clinic as a great resource. Good luck to you

I'm not trying to be unkind, but who did your surgery? If he/she sent you home this unprepared to live your post-op life, I would seriously consider that to be bordering on malpractice. Every bariatric patient should know how important Protein is post-op. I can't even imagine anyone not knowing that before they had the procedure done.
I never cease to be amazed by the things I read on these forums anymore.
Good luck. If your doctor is really this terrible, I recommend that you seek out and hire an independent PCP (with experience with bariatric patients) and a nutritionist the same background.

I had it done in the Czech Republic as in England they wouldn't allow me to get it done.
I think I definitely need to see a nutritionist here.
Thanks for the advice x

remember surgery is a tool not a fix. Remember all those strict diets you would see in the health magazines and you would be like "OMG how do people survive on that little food? ". Well this surgery allows your mind and body to work together to follow those eating habits, where before your surgery you simply couldnt do it cause your body fought you every step of the way. You have an 18 month RESET window to loose all your excess weight, do it now dont look back and return to smaller Portion Control.< br>

Thank you. That really maked sense. How are you feeling now? X

No one has mentioned when to add solid foods do hopefully the plan someone posted for you has that information. You have to follow the plan to heal your new tummy and prevent a leak. Do not try to advance to another level of eating until the plan tells you too. I recommend the mayo Clinic as a great resource. Good luck to you

Thank you.
I think I'm going to go back to liquids and the Protein Shakes. I really appreciate your answer x

Bananas also have a lot of sugar. If you don't get your Protein in, your going to burn muscle instead of fat. If I don't get all my Water in I get terribly constipated. High protein, low sugar and carbs, and 64 ounces of water. I promise if you follow that you will start dropping weight in a few days, but no cheating! Just advice based on my own trial and errors as you have to test the waters and get to know your body all over again! Also stay away from bread- there's nothing in there good for you anymore, you don't need it, and it contains too many carbs. It makes me put on a couple pounds even if I have just a few bites because it throws my body out of weight loss mode!

Thanks so much, that really helps me so much. I think I'm going to go back to liquids and then introduce food more slowly.
I definitely need more protein in my diet xx

I'm 2 1/2 week out and I also have not lost but 13 lbs. until this morning and I'm down 3 more. Look for apps that you can log you food in with Protein goals. I get 3 Premier Protein shakes a day each with 30g each there is also a app called Bariatric IQ that will tell you if a food is good to eat for you day post op. The one to log you food is called Bariatasic. Both are good sources.

What if you change fruits for vegetables?? I'm not allowed to eat fruits and it worked for me. I'm 3 months out and I lost 45lbs. 65lbs more to go. Ask your surgeon about cutting fruits (they have sugar) and replace them for non-starchy vegetables.

Also remember, everybody is different and some people have what is called "week stall" where you don't lose anything for a week or two bc the body needs to adjust. Good lick

Short list of things that control ones weight loss in addition to calorie control. (Ultimately our surgeries only limit quantity of food or calorie intake when we let it.)

Endocrine system,
hormone balance,
insulin resistance,
base metabolism rate,
exercise,
sleep,
genetics (on how well we convert food to fat),
food choices (balance of macro nutrients, and does our eating create an insulin response. Body does not burn fat whe insulin is present.)
Age in relation to metabolism and propensity for the systems in our body out of balance or damaged to return to normal.
Muscle mass - also age related to gain, also effects metabolism and rate of resting fat burn.
Stress - a stressed body secretes hormones which impedes weight loss.

So for all of us comparing our weight loss to others based off of time from surgery, we are most certainly going to be disappointed and grossly inaccurate in our assumptions of why we are failing or even winning.

For us to properly compare, we would need medical and genetic records with their daily activity, food, stress, and sleep.< br>
What I must repeatedly tell myself that always works, "if I stay on plan, the weight will come off, for the short term and long term.
I must focus running my own race with my body, not their race with theirs."

Im 5 days post op and have dropped about 20 lbs from the day before surgery.

Lol....oh you're losing much. Congrats...

Short list of things that control ones weight loss in addition to calorie control. (Ultimately our surgeries only limit quantity of food or calorie intake when we let it.)

Endocrine system,
hormone balance,
insulin resistance,
base metabolism rate,
exercise,
sleep,
genetics (on how well we convert food to fat),
food choices (balance of macro nutrients, and does our eating create an insulin response. Body does not burn fat whe insulin is present.)
Age in relation to metabolism and propensity for the systems in our body out of balance or damaged to return to normal.
Muscle mass - also age related to gain, also effects metabolism and rate of resting fat burn.
Stress - a stressed body secretes hormones which impedes weight loss.

So for all of us comparing our weight loss to others based off of time from surgery, we are most certainly going to be disappointed and grossly inaccurate in our assumptions of why we are failing or even winning.

For us to properly compare, we would need medical and genetic records with their daily activity, food, stress, and sleep.< br>
What I must repeatedly tell myself that always works, "if I stay on plan, the weight will come off, for the short term and long term.
I must focus running my own race with my body, not their race with theirs."

That's so so true. Thank you for the very wise words x

What if you change fruits for vegetables?? I'm not allowed to eat fruits and it worked for me. I'm 3 months out and I lost 45lbs. 65lbs more to go. Ask your surgeon about cutting fruits (they have sugar) and replace them for non-starchy vegetables.

Also remember, everybody is different and some people have what is called "week stall" where you don't lose anything for a week or two bc the body needs to adjust. Good lick

Thank u so very much for your reply xx

I'm 2 1/2 week out and I also have not lost but 13 lbs. until this morning and I'm down 3 more. Look for apps that you can log you food in with Protein goals. I get 3 Premier Protein shakes a day each with 30g each there is also a app called Bariatric IQ that will tell you if a food is good to eat for you day post op. The one to log you food is called Bariatasic. Both are good sources.

What an amazing app, thank you so much I have just downloaded it. Thank you for your reply x