Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated and worried need help

First a quick background I am almost 8 years post op surgery day weight 319 11 months post op 138 after this is gained 15 pounds to 155 and stayed at this weight for past 6.5 years basically eating whatever I wanted just very small portions and often well I hit 43 and started working nights and I have put on about 20 pounds I still can't eat full meals in fact real food fills me up quick it's the Snacks that seem to go down easy and the chocolate I want to try a reboot or reset if that doesn't work I am considering a tightening of my sleeve my metabolism was in high gear for years now seems like it has come to a halt any suggestions would help thank you

You kind of answered your own issue with your first post. You work nights and snack on chocolate. You know what your not supposed to be doing, yet your doing it.

Working the night shift is the absolute worst thing for your metabolism and body. Combine that with eating Snacks instead of healthy meals and boom, 20lbs....

Edited by JerseyJules

First a quick background I am almost 8 years post op surgery day weight 319 11 months post op 138 after this is gained 15 pounds to 155 and stayed at this weight for past 6.5 years basically eating whatever I wanted just very small portions and often well I hit 43 and started working nights and I have put on about 20 pounds I still can't eat full meals in fact real  food fills me up quick it's the  Snacks that seem to go down easy and the  chocolate I want to try a reboot or reset if that doesn't work I am considering a tightening of my sleeve my metabolism was in high gear for years now seems like it has come to a halt any suggestions would help thank you

Did you do the reset work. I am trying that now after 13yeArsI have gained 50pounds

hi. I'm 5 years post and have gained back 50. I'm in a similar boat that it seems I can't finish a meal but snacking doesn't seem to ever fill me up. Luckily, i have a co-worker who also had the surgery. we lean on each other in times of temptation around the office. i've tried to reboot with the 5 day reset. My worst enemy is myself. I focus on Protein but I feel like the only way i can lose weight is to hardly eat anything, ever. i have to live on carrots for lunch to see any downward movement on the scale. Hang in there. We're all in this together.

I was able to do 7days ok but. I really needed something to eat. I did and felt soooo much better. So I will start again. I did lose 10 pounds first 7days but with 40 to go ,hardly notice any change. I guess I am like you. I can't eat anything without gaining weight. What a drag

Edited by bobbie2004

hi. I'm 5 years post and have gained back 50. I'm in a similar boat that it seems I can't finish a meal but snacking doesn't seem to ever fill me up. Luckily, i have a co-worker who also had the surgery. we lean on each other in times of temptation around the office. i've tried to reboot with the 5 day reset. My worst enemy is myself. I focus on Protein but I feel like the only way i can lose weight is to hardly eat anything, ever. i have to live on carrots for lunch to see any downward movement on the scale. Hang in there. We're all in this together.

Hi I'm 5 years out also.and have regained 40 pounds. I decided this week ENOUGH!!
I'm using my fitbit-walking and logging what I eat
I need all the help I can get[emoji17]

It is scientifically impossible to gain 5 pounds of fat over night.

Water weight...

I also regained 55 pounds and am 4 years out. I also am saying enough! My feet hurt almost all the time, lacking energy and don't want to socialize since I'm busting out of my size 16s. Today I started back on these forums, logged my food into my fitness pal and started getting my Water sipping back in. Let's try to lean on each other for support. We did it before we can do it again.

Hi there,

I am 7 years out and had lost 75 pounds. I have put 50 pounds back on. No excuse. I have had a divorce after an unexpected near foreclosure and had to short-sale my family home and move with three kids.

I don't want to live this way again and any more.

I don't get full snacking, but do get full quickly in meals. Can my sleeve still work if I go back to eating like post surgery?

I know I have done bad and truly am asking for your support.

Im 7 years out and gained back 27 in the past year. Most since last sept. Ditto to all that has been said. Dieted all my life. Lost and regained 100s of lbs. Im just around the corner from regaining it all. Former 300 lbs. Former nutritionest . That is no help. Also many false starts. I hate myself. Cant reach everything to clean myself already. I went to Overeaters anonymous where they teach you to accept yourself. I do not want to be happy fat. Lifetime fatty. If Im not dieting, i am gaining
I dont want to feel good about myself. I am a sweets addict and will be on My 600 lb life if I dont somehow get control. Please dont say diet is a 4 letter word. So is Love, my mom always called it slimming and she died from being so damn, 4 letter word, fat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, susan johnson said:

Im 7 years out and gained back 27 in the past year. Most since last sept. Ditto to all that has been said. Dieted all my life. Lost and regained 100s of lbs. Im just around the corner from regaining it all. Former 300 lbs. Former nutritionest . That is no help. Also many false starts. I hate myself. Cant reach everything to clean myself already. I went to Overeaters anonymous where they teach you to accept yourself. I do not want to be happy fat. Lifetime fatty. If Im not dieting, i am gaining
I dont want to feel good about myself. I am a sweets addict and will be on My 600 lb life if I dont somehow get control. Please dont say diet is a 4 letter word. So is Love, my mom always called it slimming and she died from being so damn, 4 letter word, fat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well OA is supposed to help you love yourself not necessarily accept being fat. If you love yourself and are happy with yourself it is easier to make the correct choices.

Have you ever worked on why you eat the wrong foods not just the foods?

Do you feel deprived? Are you emotional eating? Are you self soothing?