Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help I've been stalled for 8 days! I'm 3 weeks post op. I've been doing exactly what my Dr says. I even added walking 1 mile away day. Is this normal andhow long does it last ???

8 days is nothing, don't hate me! I say that because stalls are usually longer, and are normal. If you're only 3 weeks out, your body is also still healing. My advice is weigh once a week, and take measurements. Even if the scale doesn't move, chances are you're losing inches still. It will move again (I've stalled for 2 months before, so I feel ya). Just keep eating the right things, get in your fluids, and keep moving. Adding more/longer exercise will help, especially if you're not super active/mobile for the rest of the day. But usually weightloss is 80% what you put in your mouth and 20% exercise and moving. The stalls will break!

I was stalled for almost a month this month. Just started losing again Friday. Keep to the plan no matter how frustrated you become because it will pay off in the end. Also I lost 4 inches during that time so maybe measure yourself. That kept me motivated and going. Good luck!!

I stalled at 2 weeks post op after losing 16 lb, I've broken the stall today (hopefully) at 4 weeks post op by losing 3 lb since yesterday. You do feel like your never going to lose weight again but be patient it will break!!!

I've been stalled as well. I'm increasing my movement and watching my carbs. I am two months out and haven't lost what I expected but I have to restructure my expectations. I trust what other sleevers have said that the stall wil break!

I will be 3 months post op on 3/6. I'm in my 2nd stall. My first came at about one month snd my second at about two months, which I believe is ending now; as I lost 1lb since yesterday. So don't worry, it won't last forever. It's frustrating, but it's part of the cycle. Good luck.

The three week stall is infamous! It sucks but you'll get through it. There are lots of good reasons why it's happening and none of them have to do with anything you're doing, so keep following your program, trust the process, etc.

This article was immensely helpful to me.