Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well today is my year 1 surgeversery. I will try to keep it short, but all I can say is I am so happy I did the surgery. I am so much healthier. I need to do the measurements. I am just 1 pound shy of my goal. I started at 240 and today I was 141. I am very happy with my progress. I just got home from Switzerland where my "good time" was doing a 6 mile run along the Rhine instead of eating my way through all of their foods. I had a decadent chocolate every day and that was ok. The old me would have bought boxes of chocolates as presents to bring home and would have eaten them all in the middle of the night.

I am thankful everyday for this. I am going to be brave and post pictures. My friend stored my before pictures which are actually about 3 weeks post surgery because I couldn't stand looking at them. She texted them to me today and told me not to be upset and think how far I came. I was more sad at the thought that I let myself go through life for years like that and missed out on all of the happiness I have been feeling since the weight loss. I am 3 weeks away from my 46th birthday and I feel younger now than in my 30's. The happiness I feel now comes from feeling so healthy and strong and sporty . So cheers to me And cheers to you! Without the support of you great people I couldn't have done it. And cheers to you newbies who are on this site researching wls. I won't tell you what to do as it is a personal choice, but I can say healthy is the new sexy. The after pics are 1: after my 3rd 5k and 2: my pilates studio Christmas party

ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1488426619.235492.jpg.dfeb753b259f9d32cd95116da6c5e1a4.jpg ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1488426639.078809.jpg.ab1c71f65fe29b92020b5758c9bf95f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Wow you look amazing and are a true inspiration, I'm 4 weeks post op and know I have a long journey ahead but I know I will do it. Congratulations on your success x

You look great! What an inspiration - I hope I am as successful as you a year from now!

Congratulations!! I know you must feel great! You have done such a fantastic job!! Enjoy your new life!

Wow well done you look amazing. I am a similar age and start weight and 4 months post op and feel amazing. Can't wait to look as good as you xx

Wow! You look incredibly healthy and like an athlete! Well you are so why wouldn't you look like one! Sounds like you e made all the right changes for a fit life. No chocolate is worth the way you're living now. So amazing!

Congratulations! You look great! I just had my 1 year anniversary too. Sadly, I didn't make my goal....27 lbs Away. I feel like I can eat way too much now. How many ounces do you eat now? Do you weigh or measure your food...still confused about that.

You look fantastic, Well Done,
I'm very similar size to you, I had my surgery on Monday and am at the very start of my journey ( at this moment still hurt and vert sore however feel a bit better today). But I'm glad I hAd it done.

Can I ask you how long after you had surgery did you start exercising.

Happy one year anniversary you look lovely x

Regards

Josie xx

Sent from my iPad

Congratulations! I'm 16 days post op, and reading your post has reminded me of my goals. Most days I feel well, other days I feel physically weak. You're a inspiration. Thank you for sharing.