Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am kind of freaking out just a little....I have not lost any weight for a whole month.....I am at four months and one week post op......is this normal??

That's a long stall! Are you weighing/measuring all your food and tracking it in an app to ensure you are getting in all your Protein and keeping carbs fairly low? How's your exercise looking?

I know people do have stalls, so it might just be your body adjusting, but it's good to take a look at food & exercise to be sure.

Are you getting your fluids and making your Protein goals? Have you upped your exercise but not your Protein intake?

Are you eating enough? In my program we were expected to be eating around 1000 calories in the 4th month.

I had my bypass 1 week prior to yours. I eat 5 mini-meals a day and have 2 multigrain servings and 3 healthy fats as part of my meals. I haven't really experienced a stall though my second month I only lost 9 pounds. I workout with a trainer 2x a week for about an hour and ride my recumbent bike for 15 mins 2-3x a week.

I usually have my coffee and tea in the morning, (green tea) (coffee with equal and little half & half) with either eggs and cheese or a greek yogurt ....or I will have a Protein shake.....I have an apple for a snack.....and lunch is either a salad or lunch meat....I have had half a sandwich before but I don't eat the crust of the bread because it makes me so full.....For dinner I have veggies and chicken.....I also occasionally have a sugar free fudge stick....another shake.....and more green tea before bed.....I haven't really upped my exercise....I do walking...gym here and there....and taking belly dancing class every Friday at for one hour......I snack on string cheese, cashews, popcorn, banana, and I am taking my Vitamins.........

What is your current weight? I think you made a mistake

new me.jpg

This is me when I first began my weight loss at 330 on the left...and I am now at 227....so a little over 100lbs....I would love to be 180 or even 170.

I have found upping my Water and exercise helps when the scale stops moving for me. But also just ensuring you are tracking everything you eat each day to help you see your macros/calorie intake and adjusting things from there as needed. Overall it sounds like you are doing good, just switch things up a bit and hopefully it will get to moving soon! I had a stall for over 2 weeks here recently, and I was so discouraged since im not quite 3 months out yet, but today I went down 1.5 pounds! You can do this! :)

You look great! My NUT told us to never eat a fruit, veggie or multigrain without a Protein. Also she believes in 5 mini-meals every 3 -4 hours with no snacking in between. Yes my Surgery Weight had a typo - it was 371 not 271. I lost only 14 pounds pre-surgery but lost 37 pounds the first month and only 9 the second. Weight loss has gotten better since I started eating more real food and started exercising more. I only drink shakes on workout days now. I eat at least 15-21g of protein at 4 of my 5 mini meals. I don't count calories or carbs, just the protein.

Might be common as I just had almost a full months stall in my 5th month. But I'm back to loosing now. I think may be because I'm close to goal. So I upped working out. I wasn't doing much of that.

Thanks you guys I really appreciate it. I upped my Water and did 75oz today which is a record! :) just had dinner too. I made zucchini and yellow squash noodles, chopped onion and mushrooms cooked in coconut oil, seasoned with garlic salt and topped with avocado. So good! Then hitting up the gym later. Hope to see that scale move by Monday ! Let's think positive thoughts and put it out into the universe [emoji179][emoji1373]

11 hours ago, DelRey310 said:

Thanks you guys I really appreciate it. I upped my Water and did 75oz today which is a record! :) just had dinner too. I made zucchini and yellow squash noodles, chopped onion and mushrooms cooked in coconut oil, seasoned with garlic salt and topped with avocado. So good! Then hitting up the gym later. Hope to see that scale move by Monday ! Let's think positive thoughts and put it out into the universe emoji179.pngemoji1373.png

You got this girl! :D Keep us updated on how its going!

Make sure to be measuring yourself as well. I have lots of little stalls but I'm still dropping in size. I'm just walking, running stairs, drinking my Water and eating my Protein. I keep increasing my exercise as I feel lighter and easier to move. This will only keep going as we keep going.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am definitely losing inches for sure :) haven't been measuring myself but I cal feel it. Last week the stall broke [emoji4][emoji4][emoji1373][emoji1373]I was stuck forever almost two months at 230 and last week was 227 and today I am 224. I upped my Water and started eating all organic and vegan and exercising more and I feel soooooo incredible. meat tends to taste gamey these days and make me sick. Thank you all so much for your support. I am having now one of my favs - smoothie I make almost everyday in my nutribullet..... banana, spinach, blueberries, almond/coconut milk blend unsweetened with some raw organic honey.

Sorry for the typo's (typing with one hand while blow drying my hair lol) Can*** smoothies****