Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After I Eat (sadface)

Does it look the same going out as what went in?

If not, then you are seeing a prior meal's remains. It is a reflex in babies (and some adults) that after they eat, they go poo.

If it looks like it literally is the same food that you just ate, that needs to be brought up to your doctor.

Diarrhea and Constipation are both common for a while. (If that is the question).

I'm 3 weeks post-op and I basically have liquid poo coming out at least 3 times a day (occasionally it's more 'formed'). Based on everything I've read here I was expecting Constipation, so I guess I should be relieved about that. That said, I do sometimes have to be careful when I cough or sneeze. ;-)

After surgery, I became lactose intolerant. Anytime I drank milk or any product containing lactose, my stomach would hurt and it was a quick trip to the restroom with diarrhea. This condition cleared up after a couple months. I used Water rather than milk in my Protein Shakes as a result.

22 minutes ago, James Marusek said:

After surgery, I became lactose intolerant. Anytime I drank milk or any product containing lactose, my stomach would hurt and it was a quick trip to the restroom with diarrhea. This condition cleared up after a couple months. I used Water rather than milk in my Protein shakes as a result.

I'm worried about this as well, but I seem to be handling cheese and yogurt okay. I don't use milk (and haven't for years) - I make my shakes with almond or soy milk, although I've noticed that I have issues with soy now that I'm post-op. Unfortunately it's hard to find almond milk here in Japan - my local supermarket does have it, but in the tiny 200ml juice box size.

That's dumping! Make sure you're not eating too much sugar or carbs at one meal or drinking anything with your meal. Drink 30 mins after...dumping will go away eventually I'm 19 months post op and little makes me dump....sometimes wish I still did lol

That's dumping! Make sure you're not eating too much sugar or carbs at one meal or drinking anything with your meal. Drink 30 mins after...dumping will go away eventually I'm 19 months post op and little makes me dump....sometimes wish I still did lol

Thank you@blondie66...I was thinking that it may have been dumping but I wasn't sure...I may be eating too much of those items ...but I'm doing this almost every meal even veggies ...I feel so depleted afterwards

I used to live on Premier Protein shakes with ice. At 8 weeks post op u can slowly start adding in regular solid foods if they cause u to dump hold off and try again in 2 - 4 weeks. Start with a very small portion. Your body just needs time to adjust. I couldn't eat a salad till after 1 year post op. It does get easier in time!! Also I eat yogurt all the time just make sure sugar is not high.