Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Considering a revision - read this!

Pasta, red meat, or rice. Some ppl can and others cant. There's no guarantees which one you will fall into. I will lose weight. But I won't be able to eat like a normal person ever again even in moderation.

2) Acid reflux is a serious issue with the sleeve. I never ever had an issue with the band. I am dealing with rather bad GERD even though I am taking prescription meds. I have chatted with folks that it got so bad over the yrs that they had to revise to gastric bypass.

3) Vitamins! You can't live without them. Daily intake or I will develop issues. Are committed to do that?

4) NSAIDS! Even if your surgeon tells you that you can take them. There's significant debate on whether sleeved folks should take them or not. These meds are very hard on a normal stomach let alone a thin sleeve! Continous use will most likely lead ulcers which are very dangerous with little or no stomach left.Think about aging and the lack of NSAIDS.

5) You can still get stuck! I just had to vomit food yesterday. You still experience that nasty slime....eww! I cried the first time it happened cause I lived with that for 8 yrs.

Please feel free to message me. Think about life beyond weight loss cause there's no turning back with the sleeve

So do you think bypass may be better? My Doctor is giving me the option of either

If you have any sort of reflux, I would go bypass. I am currently awaiting insurance approval on yet another revision (I was revised 2.5 years ago band to sleeve and I loved it except the reflux). My doctor is saying that he is no longer revising band to sleeve due to the higher occurrence of reflux, he will only do band to bypass. I can't speak to the bypass yet, but just wanted to get the reflux thing out there. I was given the choice, and apparently chose poorly.

I have a friend who opted for the sleeve. She looked normal the first 9 months. Now she is so then that she wears padding!

she looks abnormal.

No and she can't keep food down. She wears breast and butt pads. However her legs are huge! Thus she wears stretch pants because her legs are disproportionate to her butt and waist.

I realize that but I also realize my weight is hurting me as well. 95% of people who diet on their own gain it back. I have type II , HBP, and a host of other stuff that will kill me. So I think it's "name your poison". Lol. But I appreciate your perspective and will think this through.

It's so

2 minutes ago, Smartfish said:

I realize that but I also realize my weight is hurting me as well. 95% of people who diet on their own gain it back. I have type II , HBP, and a host of other stuff that will kill me. So I think it's "name your poison". Lol. But I appreciate your perspective and will think this through.

It's so much easier to manage those things than the damn complications associated with this surgery.

But good luck

I have tried to keep upbeat during my journey even though it has been through it all. Band 2009 revised to sleeve 2014 and revising to bypass in April. One thing that I do know, is if I hadn't been through this journey, I would still be diabetic. I take the good with the bad and being diabetic for me was the really really bad. My family has had both my maternal great grandmother and grandmother losing legs to diabetes, my mother is diabetic and when I was diagnosed in my 30s I wasn't having any of that. Yes I have had so many complications, but I also have my life and I am thankful for that. I am concerned that someone on this page is so adamant on not getting revised that they are trying to scare people into making decisions that are only their own to make, not their families, not truly their spouses, this decision is truly only between that person and their doctor. My spouse is supportive, my mother is not. I don't really care. I have not been diabetic since 2009 and that was my main goal!

I have tried to keep upbeat during my journey even though it has been through it all. Band 2009 revised to sleeve 2014 and revising to bypass in April. One thing that I do know, is if I hadn't been through this journey, I would still be diabetic. I take the good with the bad and being diabetic for me was the really really bad. My family has had both my maternal great grandmother and grandmother losing legs to diabetes, my mother is diabetic and when I was diagnosed in my 30s I wasn't having any of that. Yes I have had so many complications, but I also have my life and I am thankful for that. I am concerned that someone on this page is so adamant on not getting revised that they are trying to scare people into making decisions that are only their own to make, not their families, not truly their spouses, this decision is truly only between that person and their doctor. My spouse is supportive, my mother is not. I don't really care. I have not been diabetic since 2009 and that was my main goal!

@bearhugs1975......so you had a journey filled with complications post op from your initial revision and yet you recommend the revisions! Lool.

So you're a triple threat in the world of WLS!

Please be honest, your complications are due to your revision! These ppl are asking questions to seek advice and not hear meaningless platitudes. They want to avoid our mistakes! There's no shame in admitting your revision from the band to the sleeve led to so many complications you needed to be revised to the bypass. That the revision may have staved of diabetes but led to more surgeries and other issues