Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How's everyone doing? I'm a post op gastric bypass patient. Had surgery on the 13th, discharged on the 15th. Returned to the ER on the 17th for my mother. I've been a week post op and it's been nothing but back and forth to the hospital. To make matters worse, I live 30 miles away from the hospital. That is the closest hospital and 30 miles is only one way. Two nights ago my mother started suffering anxiety attacks at night and her oxygen goes dangerously low. She's on a bipap as now and even then has issues with her oxygen going down. Anyway tonight is my turn to spend the night with her, she's already had one attack tonight and someone not being with her makes her anxious. To make matters worse, she was moved from a private room to an A/B room, and because her roomie is a woman I can't fall asleep in the room. I can only come and go from lobby to her room. Yay! Hope someone is up to keep me company lol. Sorry for the rant guys, just needed to let it out.

Hope all goes well for you and your mother. It is hard enough recovering from your surgery when you also have the additional stress of caring for your parents.

Love sent your way. Rant away! Its good to get it out in any form.

Sent from my SM-G925I using the BariatricPal App

It definitely helped. Even if no one acknowledges, just putting it out there helps.

Hope all goes well for you and your mother. It is hard enough recovering from your surgery when you also have the additional stress of caring for your parents.

Definitely. Add on top I'm the only one driving my father to visit mom. Sister is on her way. Hopefully that'll be some relieve.

I have been there. Love heading your way. God bless the family caretakers because no one understands how special you are.

But we definitely understand each other. Thank you!

You are very welcome. I know how difficult it is being a caretaker and how stressful it is. It is rewarding, though. It might not seem like it now. You can do this, you are not alone.

Love and support from NJ. Venting always helps!!

RNY 6/8/15 SW 248 LW 175 CW 197 GW 180 "Eat to be the person you want to be."

Thanks everyone. My sister arrived last night, she's been a lot of help already. Today I woke up super nauseous and not hungry, unable to put anything down. I've been able to tolerate some Gatorade.

Let your sister do the hard work while you recover. I doubt your sis wants to see you in a hospital bed!

Let your sister do the hard work while you recover. I doubt your sis wants to see you in a hospital bed!

She's been great, very gracious. Her boyfriend and her arrived last night. Today they've helped taking people to Breakfast and lunch, we've had quite a few visitors from out of town. So she's been helping with that, today wasn't too great. No Protein in whatsoever, threw up a couple of times already. Feel hungry but nauseous and don't want anything. I've had maybe 32 oz of Water. Sister is spending the night with my mom. However, she has to leave tomorrow due to work AND she's pregnant, so every little thing she does is much appreciated and loads of help. Hoping to feel better tomorrow and to be able to get a full nights rest.

I'm sorry to hear she has to leave so soon. At some point, hard choices have to be made, and one is to stay away from the hospital at night. The hospital staff needs to figure out how to care for your Mom so you can rest.

I almost had a nervous breakdown caring for a family member in the hospital around the clock for a few weeks. And I was healthy!

If you don't take care of yourself, there will be nothing left of you to help her. Like in a plane going down, put your oxygen mask on first before helping others.

I'm sorry you are in this position. It will all work out in the end. [Hugs]

I'm sorry to hear she has to leave so soon. At some point, hard choices have to be made, and one is to stay away from the hospital at night. The hospital staff needs to figure out how to care for your Mom so you can rest.

I almost had a nervous breakdown caring for a family member in the hospital around the clock for a few weeks. And I was healthy!

If you don't take care of yourself, there will be nothing left of you to help her. Like in a plane going down, put your oxygen mask on first before helping others.

I'm sorry you are in this position. It will all work out in the end. [Hugs]

Thank you, we are trying to tackle it day by day. I'm of the same opinion regarding overnight hospital stays. I know the staff is qualified and she'll be ok, but my mom would still get anxious and that would cause respiratory attacks is what they told us was happening. Thanks for your words.