Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im awaiting my second visit to receive my surgery date and im feeling so anxious. I also feel like my life is on hold until I have this surgery completed. Im driving myself crazy...

I felt like that also and then it will be here before you know it

Its like im so excited for this change in my life but im also freaking out due to the diff obstacles I had to face to get here... Lordy I cant wait for the day

I feel exactly the same way. My appointment is tomorrow to visit my surgeon and get the okay to schedule my surgery. My life has been obsessed with research and talking to all of you on these helpful forums. Praying for a quick surgery date so I can really start my new life.

Yes and the most ironic thing is prior to starting the process I felt like I was "living" ...now I feel like I cant truly live till after ....

It's so normal to be anxious...most of us have lived our entire lives as heavy people and can't imagine being any other way. The surgery itself can be scary and the liquid phases aren't much fun. But, let me tell you from my experience, waiting the 6 months for inaurance and then having a few complications in the beginning...I would go through that again to be where I am today! I am 5 months out (already!!) and am down 75 lbs! I have a ton of energy, eat to live and enjoy my small pant size! Don't let the anxiety get to you too much...it will pass...just go day by day.

Thank you so much. Some days are better than others. Its like when im already having a bad day I get more anxious... Im going to take it easy

14 hours ago, sarahblu said:

It's so normal to be anxious...most of us have lived our entire lives as heavy people and can't imagine being any other way. The surgery itself can be scary and the liquid phases aren't much fun. But, let me tell you from my experience, waiting the 6 months for inaurance and then having a few complications in the beginning...I would go through that again to be where I am today! I am 5 months out (already!!) and am down 75 lbs! I have a ton of energy, eat to live and enjoy my small pant size! Don't let the anxiety get to you too much...it will pass...just go day by day.

I'm anxious too. See surgeon for first time this week, and I assume I'll get a surgery date at a time shortly after that. They say 3-9 months from date I see surgeon. Since I found out about this surgery (spring 2016) to now, I've been immersed in research like so many others. I believe it was Sept.2016 when I had my first appt. at the Bariatric clinic and several appointments later, here I am finally seeing a surgeon after being approved for surgery. I'm in Canada, so it's paid for, but there are a lot of people wanting this surgery, so I have to wait my turn. I don't have any pre-existing conditions, so I could get bumped further down the line toward the 9 month wait, I don't know. And that seems like a very, very long time away. Nearly a year from now. I don't like the idea of living in this kind of inertia just waiting to get this done and get to a healthy weight. As I see it, a year until actual surgery, then a year after that to get to my goal weight. Sigh.... Is it worth that?? I hope so!

Um, yes...totally worth it!!! Think of how many times you started loosing weight or wanted to and then a year later you realized you were still the same. So frustrating that yet ANOTHER year went by and nothing. Start the process, do the steps, be patient and it will all fall into line when it's supposed to. Don't give up and let another year of nothing go by...

29 minutes ago, sarahblu said:

Um, yes...totally worth it!!! Think of how many times you started loosing weight or wanted to and then a year later you realized you were still the same. So frustrating that yet ANOTHER year went by and nothing. Start the process, do the steps, be patient and it will all fall into line when it's supposed to. Don't give up and let another year of nothing go by...

You are so right! So many great perspectives come out of these boards - I try to think of all the reasons why to do it (and yes, there are many!), but your point was a new one but one I know very, very well! Every single time I have launched a new weight loss program I kept telling myself "stick with this - in a year you can be where you want to be, or you can stay the same as you are now, your choice". And of course, I'm not here now because I was able to stick it out and lose the weight. There is NO fighting the new set-point we arrive at every time we lose weight, gain it back plus more. That's the new set-point and we cannot fight it - no way. I now know that it isn't lack of willpower, lack of desire to be better, lack of time, whatever I might come up. We just can't physiologically fight our body's purpose to get to a new top weight, as it does this for survival. Can't do it. And I am so tired of 'hiding', in more ways than with clothing! Thanks for the boost - I'm a lot closer to feeling good about this decision now :-)

It will seem so slow right now but all of a sudden you will wake up, surgery done, pounds lost and a new way of life! Then it goes as fast as that year where nothing happened and you regretted not losing the weight. You can message me anytime. [emoji6]

27 minutes ago, sarahblu said:

It will seem so slow right now but all of a sudden you will wake up, surgery done, pounds lost and a new way of life! Then it goes as fast as that year where nothing happened and you regretted not losing the weight. You can message me anytime. emoji6.png

thank you!