Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4day Post-op...feel like drinking too much....

2 hours ago, hope17 said:

It was onetime mistake and regret a lot since then I am on liquid diet

My apologies for calling your post a troll post. Please do not do it (self advance your diet) again. Complications are expensive, and that's even when you live through them..

I think it should go down but I am not very worried abt weight gain or lose because all we r doing is on liquid diet so eventually will lose some significant wait anyway I would take lot of stress abt weight gain don't worry everything will be fine

It's ok don't worry, I am glad that we have support group not alone in this journey, hopefully we will all achieve our goal

liquids go down a lot easier and quicker than purees or solids. I had my surgery at a Bariatric Center of Excellence where the surgeons are accustomed to doing many surgeries a week. My surgeon/hospital did a leak test during surgery, wiyh air, before vlosing me up, then the next day I had a leak test with an x-ray. I was cleared for liquids, then once I could handle those, they gave me a tray of scrambled eggs (considered puree). I tolerated a few bites of this and went home on purees. This was my post-op diet, but I encourage everyone to follow the guidelines given by their surgeon/hospital/nutritionist. Good luck!

Hi everyone I had me sleeve 4 days ago at Ochsner in Louisiana. I'm only drinking small sips of ice Water and eating popsicles. My Doctor told me to sip sip and walk walk, I did just make a Isopure Protein Drink but I only had 4 teaspoons. My not in pain but still tender. My Doctor told me not to get on the scales but to concentrate on healing. I did start back on my chewable vitamins this morning but I didn't swallow the little pieces. Everyday I'm getting stronger but I love my ice water and ice! I'm having weard dreams also it's probably from the pain medication I had in the hospital! My surgery was 2/20/17 good luck to all of you[emoji3]

I for one think this is a troll post. Even at 3 weeks I had issues eating and drinking..
And i was consuming close to 100oz of fluids in my stage 1.
Sorry but I don't believe you ate without any pain.. even if you were overdosing on oxycodone.

In any case, desist from eating till you're ready for stage 4 post op diet, else you might spring a leak, or itritate your stomach sutures. It doesn't take much to injure a healing stomach.

I don't believe this post either!!!!

I was told no more than 6oz of liquid an hour, even if you feel you can handle more- at least for the first week, not sure if this will change after my first post op visit

Hi all, Im on day 8 post-op sleeve and Im able to drink an 11oz Protein drink in about an hour, is this bad? Im worried about stretching my stomach. I know everyone is different but when I read that some can only handle 2-4 oz makes me nervous that Im drinking too much?

Hi all, Im on day 8 post-op sleeve and Im able to drink an 11oz Protein drink in about an hour, is this bad? Im worried about stretching my stomach. I know everyone is different but when I read that some can only handle 2-4 oz makes me nervous that Im drinking too much?

My apologies for calling your post a troll post. Please do not do it (self advance your diet) again. Complications are expensive, and that's even when you live through them..

It's ok don't worry, I am glad that we have support group not alone in this journey, hopefully we will all achieve our goal

Hey Melisa G! I'm 8 days post op sleeve as well and just got to 11oz of my Premier Protein in about an hour as well. That's about 3oz every 15 minutes. I think it's good. Getting in our liquids and protein! I highly doubt we're stretching the sleeve because it's not a solid. By any chance have any of you had bleeding at your incisions? Started yesterday, very dark blood, and surgeon on call informed me to squeeze as much out. Im not too worried since I have no other symptoms and it's not red around incision..just wondering if anyone else had this issue?

5 minutes ago, KatyasMommy said:

Thank for for your reply! Im so worried because Im able to take so much Fluid in so its great to hear Im not alone!

Im sorry to hear about your incisions, mine are still "angry" and sore but I haven't had any bleeding, just a stinging sensation from the areas. My biggest annoyance with that is the tape residue that I can't seem to get rid of!!

Im thinking that as long as the area is not swollen, oozing or red then they should be ok, just healing slower :)

Hey Melisa G! I'm 8 days post op sleeve as well and just got to 11oz of my Premier Protein in about an hour as well. That's about 3oz every 15 minutes. I think it's good. Getting in our liquids and protein! I highly doubt we're stretching the sleeve because it's not a solid. By any chance have any of you had bleeding at your incisions? Started yesterday, very dark blood, and surgeon on call informed me to squeeze as much out. Im not too worried since I have no other symptoms and it's not red around incision..just wondering if anyone else had this issue?

2 hours ago, KatyasMommy said:

Sorry to hear about that. I had no issues with my incisions. Except for severe itchiness, which is part of the healing process anyway..

Edited by Middus