Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 4 years post-op with the sleeve, and like most post-ops, I'm anxious about re-gain, naturally.

I have a 5lb comfort zone, which accommodates Water weight and occasional indulgent periods. I weigh myself a few times a week. If I hit that top number, I go back to basics and can usually get back to the bottom number. I don't think my body really likes that lowest number much because it sure pushes back up easily and fast. ::sigh:: Some days I get frustrated, even at 4 years out, and I certainly don't want to get so anxious I develop an eating disorder. I have to remind myself that this is just part of being an adult in a culture that has access to excess.

I'd like to try just weighing myself once a week or eventually maybe monthly, so I don't become obsessed with the scale. It's a slippery slope.

How often do you weigh yourself, and did you do it differently at different post-op stages?

I am 10 months post-op and I weigh myself 2x a week and will probably continue to do so. More than that will make me too critical over the numbers on the scale. In my 10 months I have not gained any weight, thank you Jesus. I work out at the gym regularly and at the weight room at work. I've cheated only once and didn't even enjoy the food, which really surprised me. I worked and fought really hard to get approved for my wls so i really wasnt ever thinking about cheating. Anyway I slipped one day but went right back to fighting the next.

I am 10 years post banded and I try to weigh myself every Friday am. If I miss, I often wait until the following Friday.
Like many, my body has a new set point it likes... I can fight it and get down 5-7 lbs with much effort, but it does seem to like to revert back rather quickly .... I am just happy with my 100 lb loss maintained. Not perfect, but NOTHING. Is!
Size 12. Sometimes 10. Seems to be for me and I'm good with that. 272 was not
A good life for me.

I am 3 months out and down 43lbs i weigh myself once a week, every Sunday it works well for me keeps me less frustrated [emoji849] and i work extra hard during the week so i have no room for disappointment...at first i would weigh myself every morning and my weight was yo-yo'n [emoji52][emoji4]

I'm 2.5 months out and check my weight every morning. I've been stalled for several weeks. I've lost 30 lbs so far. Hoping to start losing again soon.

Every dang day. Always have (since pre-op), always will. It doesn't make me manic, it just helps me to understand my natural, hormonal ebb and flow.

I'm a little over 6 years out and have been maintaining within 5 pounds of my lowest weight since I reached it at 18 months.

I weighed once about every 3-4 weeks in the beginning. After reaching goal I would step on the scale weekly but that got boring.....just the same old numbers. For the last two years I might step on the scale once/month or if I perceive my pants are getting snug or even loose. After all this time I can how much I weigh within a couple pounds just by how my clothes fit.

Guess I never worried too much about what the scale said. I measured my progress with NSVS and account for maintenance by how I feel and what I see in the mirror.

Now once a week or once a fortnight. I used to weigh myself every day but I just couldn't keep that up long term. It would have driven me bonkers

Kate

I weigh once a week now, 4 almost 5 months out. It was all over the place. In the beginning before approval i only weighed at my docs appointments. After surgery still weighed at the docs until i got a scale. Then i started weighing more often. Now its evening out to once or twice a week. I like to weigh on Mondays to see if the weekend had an impact good or bad so i can reflect on what i did and see if i should stop or continue certain activities. And Friday is my main weigh day. Even if i see a loss on Monday i don't record anything until Friday morning. It keeps me sane. That way i know if the number on Monday was the real thing. Sounds stupid but it's helped me keep my head.

On 2/20/2017 at 6:26 AM, Dairymary said:

For the last two years I might step on the scale once/month or if I perceive my pants are getting snug or even loose. After all this time I can how much I weigh within a couple pounds just by how my clothes fit.

It's funny how 5lbs makes such a difference in clothes, isn't it. That's the benefit to wearing clothes that fir well, and are not baggy. I definitely know where I am on the range by how jeans and skirts fit. I carry most of my extra weight in my bottom. Maybe I should try trusting that more.

12 hours ago, Cindi_Augustine said:

It's funny how 5lbs makes such a difference in clothes, isn't it. That's the benefit to wearing clothes that fir well, and are not baggy. I definitely know where I am on the range by how jeans and skirts fit. I carry most of my extra weight in my bottom. Maybe I should try trusting that more.

Yes, 5 pounds was negligible at 200+ pounds. It was annoying when the thin folks would wail about the 5 pounds they gained on vacation. Now I get it. At lower weights, 5 pounds can be the a whole pant size difference depending on where it goes.