Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers Check-In

You'll get there... I am just looking forward to the day when I can eat more then just 4 bites of a meal. Still not able to do more then that and at times frustrates me.. But from speaking with others they all say it will get better .

I've been told the first year is the worst... so over it..

One thing I've been meaning to ask everyone - how long does it typically take for you to eat a meal? For myself it is largely dependent on what exactly I'm eating. If it's cottage cheese or yogurt I usually only spend around 10-15 minutes or so eating that, but something like chicken salad I've found if I eat a portion and don't give myself 15 minutes or more it feels like things are backing up and sits heavy.

The only post-op "fight" I've had with my wife so far is over the length of time it was taking me to eat. It's difficult to sit at the dinner table because she'll be done with her entire plateful of food and here I am still working on my 1/2 cup of whatever. Anymore I will eat up until the point where she's done and leave the table and then finish later. Otherwise we'll just eat in the living room and put something on TV so I can take my sweet time with a meal.

Hi all! I was sleeved on 1/27 with weight of 248, as of yesterday I am 211! 39lbs gone forever! Goal weight is 160. I hope January sleever well!

Sleeved 1/10
SW: 309
Surgery day weight: 290
CW: 232

First goal under 210
Second goal if possible under 200

I hope everyone hits their goal weight and stays healthy.

I was sleeved 1/31/17. My highest weight was 247.4, the day of surgery I was 237.4, I am currently 206.2. I'm soooo close to getting under 200 which is very exciting for me! I'm feeling so good at this point I have gone from size 20 jeans to 16.

Sleeved on 16/1
Starting weight: 236lb
Surgery weight: 227lb
Current weight: 194lb

Hey All,

It took a while to find the January folks! I'll be 11weeks out tomorrow and still not able to eat much on the solid food front and my new tummy, Gurgling Gertie, Gi-Gi for short is talking to me frequently. I'm taking my Vitamins and supplements as prescribe and getting 70+ gms Protein Shake and whatever food I can get down. Walking and doing a little strength work too. It's good to be getting my energy back and it's better than before my surgery! I hope to be supportive of all who come to this forum and to except support from others. WELCOME TO THE LOSER'S BENCH!!!! :D:1311_thumbsup_tone2:

I'm always cold now as well! And my blood pressure is way down, it used to be a bit high. I'm also down 50lbs, was sleeved 1/18/17. Congratulations!!

I am down 44 since surgery, 88 since July when I made changes. I can pretty much eat anything. Have never gotten sick, I do get "gurgly" . I am worried I push it.....I want way more food than I can handle, and am doing sometime a cup a meal....worried I am stretching my stomach. The constant battle....eyes bigger than stomach...literally.

I do feel better though, way more energy, am working out and doing lots of walking. And feel good doing it. I just need to not get cocky....know what I mean?

That is so great.. congra's . I know the feeling!.. this surgery does not get rid of the cravings or desires to eat the foods we love. That's when our eyes get bigger then our new small tummy. I hate the gurly... and will also get hi-cups if I push it. Do you have problems drinking water.... I use to love Water drank three to four bottles a day. Now can't stand it.. HATE THAT!...

So far for me down 56 pounds but have not moved in two weeks... STALLED...going to start the gym this week. Didn't start sooner because my energy was so low. But will start slowing because have days where I still feel drained. Question are you able to eat salad.. I can't tolerate salads yet. HATE IT...

3 hours ago, joannrmn said:

That is so great.. congra's . I know the feeling!.. this surgery does not get rid of the cravings or desires to eat the foods we love. That's when our eyes get bigger then our new small tummy. I hate the gurly... and will also get hi-cups if I push it. Do you have problems drinking water.... I use to love Water drank three to four bottles a day. Now can't stand it.. HATE THAT!...

So far for me down 56 pounds but have not moved in two weeks... STALLED...going to start the gym this week. Didn't start sooner because my energy was so low. But will start slowing because have days where I still feel drained. Question are you able to eat salad.. I can't tolerate salads yet. HATE IT...

Hi Joannrmn,

I went through a period about 3 weeks after surgery that Water made me gag! I was not a big drinker before, would always forget....and I will admit, I am sure I don't do 64 oz every day. Now I am able to drink water, but I mix it up a lot. I drink crystal light, and too much, I am not an artificail sweetner fan.

Salads yes, I can, but again not nearly as much as I want...and I have gotten my most "full" from salads.

Congrats on your success too! Where in NY are you?

I started adding True Lemon to my Water just to change things up a bit. No artificial sweeteners was a big deal to me, they just don't taste right.

There is True Orange and Lime as well. 100 packets for about $20USD on Amazon.