Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers Check-In

24 minutes ago, kar12345 said:

Short term goal met.....I needed this!!!!

IMG_7378.JPG

Congrats! That's awesome!! My short term goal is to hit 250. I haven't weighed that since middle school.

Sleeved 1/28,
before pre-op diet 229lbs
SW: 216.5
1st week- lost 10lbs
2nd week- lost 1.5lbs
3rd week- gained 1lb

I am sooo bummed, I am able to keep all 64 oz fluids down, Protein 70+ a day, 10,000 steps or more/day, all Vitamins, plus 20-30 min cardio at the gym 5x a week...... what am I doing wrong!???

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Since you do so much cardio, you need more Water. Upwards of 80+ ounces.

Waiting (somewhat) patiently for my current stall to pass. I've been stuck at 282/283 for the past two weeks. I have been going back to the gym but not enough to constitute a bunch of muscle gain yet. I'm still happy with the results thus far and I know the scale will eventually start going down again. I've kept my diet pretty consistent ( >50g carbs, 70-80g Protein, 600-800 calories daily) and Water intake is a non-issue. Tried a few times last week to get my calories up a bit higher but 800-900 was about the max I could do. Going to give it through this week and if things don't change may have to look at changing the diet up a bit to see if I can get things moving again.

Hi all,

I am in a HUGE stall! I have only lost 2 lbs in a MONTH! I am getting my Water in, getting my Protein in, and the restriction is working fine. I am unable to eat more than a cup of food....I am not drinking my calories... I don't get it and am very frustrated.

I do feel my body changing if that makes sense, but the scale is not moving.

3 cups of food a day...I should be losing pounds...I don't care if it's 3 cups of french fries...which it is NOT...I should be losing weight.

Hi all,
I am in a HUGE stall! I have only lost 2 lbs in a MONTH! I am getting my Water in, getting my Protein in, and the restriction is working fine. I am unable to eat more than a cup of food....I am not drinking my calories... I don't get it and am very frustrated.
I do feel my body changing if that makes sense, but the scale is not moving.
3 cups of food a day...I should be losing pounds...I don't care if it's 3 cups of french fries...which it is NOT...I should be losing weight.

Measure yourself might not be weight but inches that you are loosing m

9 weeks post-op as of today. scale seems to be moving a bit more again this past week since upping my calories a bit. Down 40 lbs total since surgery. The past 3 weeks have been frustrating as I've only lost around 5 lbs in that time but I have been lifting again. Noticed this morning I had moved up a notch on my belt so that was good to see. All in all things are going great.

Hope my fellow January sleevers are doing well!

Congra's.. my date of vsg: 1/17/17.. down 50 pds. Have my good days.. and bad days. Starting introducing certain foods, for the most part no issues except with certain meats. Must have them with gravy etc. Nothing dry.

Also .. wanted to ask my January Sleever's.. Since my surgery I am always cold.. Anyone out there having this issue.. I was the complete opposite before surgery.. Now freezing...

23 minutes ago, joannrmn said:

Also .. wanted to ask my January Sleever's.. Since my surgery I am always cold.. Anyone out there having this issue.. I was the complete opposite before surgery.. Now freezing...

Being cold is pretty common. This winter was a real pain for me. I wore more sweatshirts and used blankets way more than any previous winter. I've never been one to be cold often but definitely more sensitive to it now. I like to chalk it up to not having as much insulation...lol. Truth is I've weighed less than this previously in my life and cold never bothered me then. I don't know what the science/reasoning is behind being more cold sensitive after surgery.

Ok.. well glad to know I am not alone. The word cold doesn't even come close to how cold I get now. WEIRD....wonder what is causing it..

I'm still dancing around the 50 pound line.

The scale taunts me, knowing how much I look forward to seeing that number and actually passing it up.

1 hour ago, joannrmn said:

I've really noticed the cold more as well, I never thought about it being related to the surgery. It's good to hear that I can stop wondering about it. Thanks!