Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 00001 Post-Op!

Thanks to everyone who responded!

To those asking... I misspoke. I meant Sleever's Remorse, basically like buyer's remorse, ie. thoughts like "why did I do this?" I am saying I do NOT feel this way.

I'm not being negative, just honest. Some people want an honest account of what it will feel like directly out of surgery. I'm on day 2 and I'm saying it's pretty rough. I haven't ever had any medical complications or surgery before, thankfully, so for me, this recovery has been the worst I ever felt physically. It should be getting better soon though! I can feel the gas pain slowly become less intense, which is such good news.

Welcome to the other side. The first few days will suck, but you should rebound quickly. By Day 3, I got up and out of the house to watch the Saints game, and that made me feel so much better. As the days and weeks went on, it got easier and easier.

Hang in there with the food stages. They suck, too, but they are so important while you are healing. Before you know it, that will be behind you as well.

Take care and good luck as you continue your journey!!

I also had a very rough ride, first time in a hospital, and it was very hard. Plus, they kept me in recovery for 10 hours because there was no bed available this added more.

You'll be fine, it gets better. I almost have now zero pain, and my surgeons allows anything after 3 weeks, so no restrictions soon.

The more you walk, the better it gets. And remember, the next three days will be tough and nothing compared to days after that so when it gets tough, don't panic.

I was sleeved 10 days ago. It is definitely an emotionally roller coaster. From day 1 post op I was saying it's the best decision of my life. And it's true. But we are only human to feel the natural feelings of regret after a life altering event!

For me it's my addiction to food and what that means for life after the sleeve. When I'm around my friends and family and they are eating whatever they want and me still being on full liquids....not a great situation. The addiction is still there. Now I have no other choice to fight it. I have cried many times since surgery. But I pick myself up every single time by saying I GOT THIS. IM TAKING CARE OF MYSELF. Binge eating is something of my past and the new, stronger and happier me, will not let the darkest spots of my mind take over this amazing journey I am embarking upon. It's not worth the puddle of tears.

It is not easy. It's not meant to be easy. But keeping a positive attitude and NOT DWELLING ON THE "negatives" will make us stronger.

I like to keep my mind on this track...it's not that "I cant" eat big meals anymore, or "I can't" drink soda anymore or "I can't" chug a beer anymore...because I have a sleeve as a stomach. INSTEAD OF THE CANTS...it's I DO NOT WANT TO EAT BIG MEALS...I DO NOT WANT TO CHUG BEERS. We need to stay IN CONTROL FIRST and foremost. That's what my mantra is...that's how I'm getting by.

We can do this! Sure we will have trials and tribulations. But we now have the right tools to fight it!!!

I love this thread. Thanks for all the input!!

I had a very tough go the first few days as well. I handle anesthesia terribly so day one was just God awful. Walking definitely helped. All in all I was surprised at how well I was feeling within a few days. I do have a high tolerance for pain, but still I was barely using any pain meds at the end.

Hope things continue to go well and you get home soon!

I was sleeved on Monday the 13th. What is " Sleever's Regret"?

I believe it's just having thoughts about regretting the surgery, or that "what the hell did I just do?" kind of feeling. It's a permanent surgery with a big life change. It's a very normal thing, so don't sweat it if you have those thoughts. I did. But so happy now!