Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Me as well, I feel so bad afterward. It scares me because I keep telling myself that I got to control it. Its seems like my fear and anxiety is driving my eating as well. Almost like a comfort.

I'm thankful to read this because I'm in the pre op phase "rotation" diet and feel like I'm "grieving" the loss of food. The last 2 days have not been on plan at night and I need to get back to it. Thanks for sharing stories. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one feeling these things

I ate at my fav restaurants to get it out of my system ! I love seafood so plenty lobster shrim and wings! I didn't go overboard or binge but i felt like it would be a while so just to get it out my head !

Im going to say something alot of the judgemental folk here will probably be mad at me for saying. Go eat what ever the hell u want n desire n get it out of ur system now b4 surgery n b4 ur liver diet. I did, i told my doc n his response was at least i was honest n not to binge, just have small portions of my faves n get it out of my system b4 the 3 week diet pre surgery. So, Decent portions, dont go crazy n have a thanksgiving size plate. Every1 heals differently and after surgery, its a lottery, there may b some foods u may no longer tolerate. Also it will be quite some time b4 u can have n enjoy that "taco", for instance. Yes im new to VSG, 5 weeks out n 30 pds down, get my Protein n Water in, back 2 work n just started light workout for those that will ask n say im to new to know anything. However, everyday im pist i didnt have those damn tacos b4 surgery. They haunt me. So in order not to fail, the taco n i have a 5 de mayo date :-). I looooove Pasta, i had it b4 surgery n got it out of my system, havent even thought about it once in 5 weeks. Get your last supper on, enjoy it, say farewell to it, maybe you'll meet again someday in the future bec once ur post op its serious business. U may stumble but u wont fall flat on ur face bec you'll know it was a long journey to get to this point n u don't want to ruin ur final outcome. Plus ur stomach will kick u in the ass if u try to put something in it its not ready for. Good luck. Hope u appreciate my honesty and that it all goes well for you. See u on the losers bench soon.

Wooooow,@LIA-70 .....perfectly well said!! That's what my friend told me to do also, because it will be ages, if ever, that i can have my current favorite food again!!! Thankfully, my pre-op is only 3 days. MUCH shorter than most... i know i can do this!

My surgery is March 26th and I am like eat it all!!! I don't know what happened to my discipline but once I got approved I have been hungry all the time. Idk what happened.

Omg same with me mine is march 28th and its like all my discipline and hard work went out the window the second i got my date and what sucks is i have to lose 10 pounds by the 10th for my pre-op appt and i keep having these food funerals its horrible smh

I am literally eating my "last" of everything and have gained 8lbs in 2 weeks. I stopped going to Slimming World and now having major regrets and doubts about going ahead with my surgery. I start my pre op diet next week and I'm currently mourning all the food I won't be able to eat.

It's scary.

I am so thankful that it is not just me. I have been able to keep it sort of under control today but...... I shouted morning tea today for my birthday, I am going out for dinner tonight and now my darling has just called to say that his boss has asked us out for dinner tomorrow. It's going to be a trial but I have already decided that I am going to have only an entrée tonight. It will be based on fish so that is ok. Not so sure about tomorrow night though.

15 hours ago, Miss Thang said:

I am literally eating my "last" of everything and have gained 8lbs in 2 weeks. I stopped going to Slimming World and now having major regrets and doubts about going ahead with my surgery. I start my pre op diet next week and I'm currently mourning all the food I won't be able to eat.

It's scary.

Don't give up. Think of the goal in the end. Pick a day that you start over. I mean completely over. You get back on track. My day is this Friday. I will not allow myself to keep going down this road. I picked Friday because I have off. I don't eat a lot of junk when I am off of work. I will use that time to cook and meal prep for the week.

Don't do it! Forget the food funerals...Eating anything you want now will only increase the fat in your liver and that will show up in your pre-op blood work. My surgeon told me that if she could not lift my liver out of the way for surgery, she would cancel surgery. It isn't worth the chance....

I couldn't do that because if I gained weight at all during my 6 month visits my insurance would deny me. I DID have one meal after my pre-op testing appointment and got a Five Guys burger. It really is a test of willpower. You're gonna need that willpower to be strong after surgery too!

I thought I would feel the need to do this as well, surprisingly, I don't want to. Every single diet before was the Monday start with an all weekend blow out! Stay strong out there, you can do it!

I was doing really well until this past week. My surgery is this Wednesday, 2/22.

My friends and I have a brunch planned tomorrow morning and outside of that, I just HAVE TO buckle down and properly prepare. I know I can do it, I just need to get my mind on board! It's a mental battle and we CAN DO IT!

I started getting back on board today. I drank 70 oz of Water and I have yet to stop going to the bathroom. It is insane how hungry I do not feel because I am eating the right foods and drinking tons of Water. I noticed that the only times I thought I was hungry was when I was around junk food. It was hard to say no but I did. I am very proud. I hope to keep this up