Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just sleeved 2/10 and can barely reach my liquid intake

As swelling goes down it will get easy. I found that regular Water was difficult. My doc said that water has more volume than when mixed with sugar free drink flavors like crush etc. I thought what yeah right. Well he was right once I added things like crush etc I could drink. Also in beginning I survived off Powerade zero.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using BariatricPal mobile app

Your going to be fine. It will be 4 weeks tomorrow for me and your not going to be able to eat and drink like you use too. I still have trouble eating. But as long as im losing weight that was the idea of the surgery. In time you will be able to eat a little more but have to watch what you eat and how much to keep you weight down. Don't won't to stretch out you new stomach. Just give it time. Don't worry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using BariatricPal mobile app

I was able just to sip a medicin cup every 30m or so not too much. With the days that will change and you will incorporate more and more. My husband had his and he was able to drink much more than me. But he did had the bowel movement problem he went even to er because he could not go and they had to give him a pill for that then he was just fine. He is now 50 pound less in 4m and im 75 pound less overall but i feel great!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

When I first had my surgery, my doctor told me that I should expect to feel as if all I was doing was drinking Water. Because it would be that hard to meet my daily dosis. That is exactly how it felt. Like all I was doing 24/7 was drinking water. It does get better with time. I promise!

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

Sleeved 8 months ago, it will definitely get better. Welcome to your new Journey!

Sent from my LG-H740 using the BariatricPal App

My husband had a few issues in the first couple weeks adjusting to volume. I personally had issues even late into my 2nd month. I can now drink more than he can but he can eat more than I. Remember it will vary for every person but it DOES get easier. It also becomes second nature quickly. Remember you did this to make yourself healthier and nothing worth anything comes easy. Stay slow and do what feels right for you. Don't worry about measurable amounts they are guidelines.

Hang in you will be fine, in all honesty the first 6wks are the toughest, your body & brain are adjusting to your new stomach size & significantly reduced intake, plus your body is healing. Be patient with yourself & be prepared for the highs & lows, during these times be kind to yourself & remember it really will all be worth it! Like others have suggested sip, sip, sip & crushed ice, I loved it. Rest, take short walks when you feel up to it, keeping up some gentle activity, helped me recover more quickly. Also natural fruit teas made with just Water also count towards your Fluid intake. I also initially struggled with & worried about my fluid intake, however by week 6, I was able to drink between 1.5 - 2L, I now easily drink 2 - 2.5 litres. Ensuring you get the recommended food & fluid intake, feels like a full time job for the first 6wks, it will get easier & all be worth it.

I was sleeved on April 21st 2016, my weight on the day of surgery was: 145.5kg, my current weight is: 80.3kg, getting sleeved is the best decision I ever made, with no regrets, you will get used to your new stomach, once your body & brain adjust to the changes.

Try a water reminder app, I found that very helpful, I used a litre jug and water bottle to keep a measure of how much I drunk.

I also found the, My Fitness Pal app very useful for the 1st 3mths, for logging my food, fluid intake & weight. I also initially found measuring cups & spoons also helpful, whilst getting used to what my new portion sizes should be.

You have got through the surgery, be kind to yourself, listen to your body & look forward to your new wardrobe.

Wishing you success & all the best.

Sent from my Swift 2 using BariatricPal mobile app

Just remember, you just gad major surgery!! Your stomach area is still swollen.you will not reach the requirement until that swelling goes down. You wont get your food intake either. Those are goals to get to! Just like everything else! Sip, sip, sip. Youll be fine! Im 4 years on june 24 '17.

It will get better. My Dr. Said 64oz a day I was lucky to get 40oz literally you have to sip every 5 to 10 minutes. I am 12 weeks post op as of today and 75.6 pounds down and 16 inches. I drink 80oz a day now. It will get easier and your energy will be awesome

I promise it will get better. I had surgery on 11/7 and didn't really eat or drink for four days. Slowly but surely I started to eat and drink. It takes time and patience to learn how to eat and drink again.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App