Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello if anyone is reading this I need to know if I'm dumping or having food poisoning and what to do?

Around 11 am today I had some salmon from a restaurant by 12:30 I was running to the restroom vomiting and having diarrhea. I have been having horrible abdominal cramps and with nausea, also sweating. Somebody please let me know what this is and what to do! Thanks in advance

Its the salmon. After my surgery it caused that to me on multiple occasions. I have learned that it is too fat of a fish for us to handle. Everytime I have eaten it I get really sick and get diaherrea. That is the one fish we cant eat anymore. Even though it has one of the highest Protein levels.

I am over a year out and still unable to eat it.

Hope that helps

I don't have it often, perhaps once a month, but it as never caused me any issues.

How was it prepared?

What else came with it?

Is this the first time you have eaten salmon since surgery?

Few more details please.

No this is not the first time having salmon. I don't know if it was from the restaurant I had it from that it wasn't prepared correctly. I usually prepare it at home and was fine. It was salmon with black Beans and a little corn.

I live off salmon. I would be so sad if I couldn't eat it any more. My condolences.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

I live off salmon. I would be so sad if I couldn't eat it any more. My condolences.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

I know I love salmon and when I make it at home it settles well. Today the only difference was it was made somewhere else :(

This sounds more life food poisoning to me... when I have "dumped" it's been within 10 minutes of eating something and it never involves vomiting. I hope you feel better soon! ?

Thank you!

14 minutes ago, Elyse519 said:

No this is not the first time having salmon. I don't know if it was from the restaurant I had it from that it wasn't prepared correctly. I usually prepare it at home and was fine. It was salmon with black Beans and a little corn.

Now the corn catches my eye. I cannot eat corn anymore. I have tried popcorn when desperate and it was ok, but regular corn does not sit well at all. I believe it is because the outside of the kernel doesn't get digested, but that is only a hypothesis.

In thinking it's the corn. Did you eat the corn? My NUT strongly suggested staying away from corn. Did they put any sauce on it? I ask because the first night I could have salmon my NUT wanted me to try out a restaurant. I went to Olive Garden and the salmon sat perfectly. Later that week I tried it elsewhere and it had some type of sauce on it and my stomach was like OH NO!!!

That's a long time after eating before having a dump. However, they are all dump symptoms. Not sure if you can take it... Mylicon is very good for settling your stomach. Check with your team or Doctor.

Not sure what it is but I made salmon here at home and i got sick.. My stomach got all foamy.. Now I have no desire to eat it again :(