How many fills until you felt restriction

14 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, rachtimm said:

Thanks did yout surgeon recommended that you count calories. I was told to eat low GI 3 times a day but its very confusing and I am still hungry between meals so end up snacking.

My surgeon didn't recommend anything other than taking pictures of my meals. I haven't had the best experience with Slimband in Toronto and I rely on website support groups like this. I am counting calories and trying to keep my sugars and carbs low. I find I have a hard time ingesting more than 1200 calories a day with my band at 4CC now. I use the small plate and I have to eat so slowly. I find I'm not hungry at all!

On 2017-03-31 at 3:19 PM, rachtimm said:

I have 7mls and am waiting on anothe fill. Why pictures of your meals?

Good question! That was how I had to get approved for fills. Take pictures of my meals for 3 days with meal tracker. I much prefer the My Fitness Pal app to be honest.

Ok, I just got revised to a sleeve and had my band since 2009. Im not going to be a Debbie Downer on the band though. There is no set time to get restriction. Sometimes the fill works, sometimes it doesn't. You might need another adjustment. Also, things like time of day, "time of the month", and stress levels all affect the "tightness" of the band. Also don't be confused by restriction meaning discomfort. If you are full faster, its working. If you "feel" the band you probably ate a bite that was too big or too fast.