Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gain After Sleeve

It happens to the best of us!

The key is to never give up. I am also working on getting the gained weight off and getting to goal as I will be 4 years out in July. I never did get to goal, I got pretty close.

But, I am back on track and looking forward to getting to goal. I am coming back to this community after a long hiatus and looking forward to everyone's stories.

Good luck to all.

We all been there. I am 5 years post op and I am up 17lbs from my original weight after. However, I work out a lot and weight train, so it might be unrealistic to think that can be 153 again but I am dedicated to going back to the basics this month to see what happens with my body. I highly recommend not doing the liquid diet. Not because it wont work, but because you wont be able to maintain that way of eating. As most have said, stick to a high Protein diet. Control your portions and know when to stop eating..and you will see the scale shift and you will be able to keep it off.

I regained 15 lbs as well and freaked out. I started actively dieting again and I was miserable and very depressed. I decided not to go back to that way of life and to try another approach.

I threw away my scale and tape measure , read everything I could on intuitive eating, and stopped valuing myself and judging myself over a number. I decided dieting was a bicycle in hell on fire that I didn't want to ride again.

Since embracing the anti-diet approach of intuitive eating I no longer worry or care much about what I eat. I don't binge and I don't diet and I don't really think about food much. My weight (as far as I know) has remained stable. I stoped dieting and started eating when I was hungry and stopping when full and honoring my cravings. I started eating mindfully.

It's the best thing, besides wls, I have ever done for myself. I'm not sure what I weigh now but that's what I look like. And I don't eat twenty twinkies a day or lose control around food. I eat what makes me feel good.

IMG_2591.JPG

Having a hard time dealing with the weight gain after getting to my goal of 125...

I had Gastric Sleeve on 10/18/2012 Starting weight was 235 and being only 5' 3" it was hard on my body. I decided to have the procedure done after seeing the fantastic results of my father in laws surgery ( he also had the gastric sleeve). I saw results right away and was very happy with how things were progressing. My husband at the time was totally against the surgery and did not even stay with me in the hospital. It was a bummer to say the least that I was so exited to finally feel good about myself and no one to share my success with.

I finally reach my goal of 125 in just a few short months. By this time my husband and I had split up and of course he found someone else ( who of course was larger then myself). I was so sad and happy at the same time, I had the body I had been hoping for and my health was improved. A few months later my then ex- husband committed suicide and I fell into a very deep depression and my bad habits came back with a vengeance. I slept to much, didn't exercise and went right back to eating just like before surgery. As you would guess the weight started coming back and quite quickly.

It has now been a few years and I've been trying to get back on track. I have lost about 30 lbs of the 80 I gained back and I see no reason to stop now.

Having a hard time dealing with the weight gain after getting to my goal of 125...
I had Gastric Sleeve on 10/18/2012 Starting weight was 235 and being only 5' 3" it was hard on my body. I decided to have the procedure done after seeing the fantastic results of my father in laws surgery ( he also had the gastric sleeve). I saw results right away and was very happy with how things were progressing. My husband at the time was totally against the surgery and did not even stay with me in the hospital. It was a bummer to say the least that I was so exited to finally feel good about myself and no one to share my success with.
I finally reach my goal of 125 in just a few short months. By this time my husband and I had split up and of course he found someone else ( who of course was larger then myself). I was so sad and happy at the same time, I had the body I had been hoping for and my health was improved. A few months later my then ex- husband committed suicide and I fell into a very deep depression and my bad habits came back with a vengeance. I slept to much, didn't exercise and went right back to eating just like before surgery. As you would guess the weight started coming back and quite quickly.
It has now been a few years and I've been trying to get back on track. I have lost about 30 lbs of the 80 I gained back and I see no reason to stop now.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your ex-husband. I lost my brother to suicide after beginning my 6 month journey towards my VSG. I felt the very same depressed feelings as you did. It derailed me for awhile. Keep your focus on why you want the weight off, how your lifestyle change has helped you so far! Let me just say, that you are worth the work! You are a special person and you have the strength within to accomplish this! I'm rooting and praying for you[emoji173]

Suzanne