Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain, pain and more pain.

Hello everyone,

I had lapband surgery yesterday and I can barely move this morning. The pain is so severe that it only feels ok when I lay down. I've been given pain killers but the pain isn't really subsiding. Is this normal? Any recommendations? Also, I have to be on a liquid diet and all I've has is Water and Jello. Is there anything else I can take that isn't in my book? Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N910T using BariatricPal mobile app

All I can do is suggest do what the Doctor told you & if you are uncomfortable sitting or lying down put as many pillows behind you that feel comfortable , also if you have a recliner sit or sleep in in it even with as many pillows for the first like 3 days but keep to the post op diet & take the medication as you need it .

It will get better & maybe just take a few steps every 1/2 hr but it does get better.

Good luck on your Journey .

I'm not on here much anymore but I am 4 years out & I am so happy with my results & what I have been able to accomplish I am banded.

Hopefully this helps.

Always run questions by your doc.

Google pain scale, and what # would you put it at?

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Everyone has different pain tolerance pain levels after having arthritis and a bad back for years I thought mine were pretty high but I am over two weeks out and still have to be on pain killers almost everyday. I hope you get relief try changing portions often and walking a little I found bending over a high table while sitting helps with the pain a little.

I'm 4 days out & today has been a lot better than all the others so far. Only spent around 2 hours all day laying, have been able to walk around with minimal pain but more nausea than other days.

Definitely contact your doctor. Let him/her know what's going on. I happen to be a freak of nature when it comes to surgeries... I was back at work in 6 days from my LB.....

If you can manage to walk... do so.

Definitely contact your doctor. Let him/her know what's going on. I happen to be a freak of nature when it comes to surgeries... I was back at work in 6 days from my LB.....
If you can manage to walk... do so.

Thank you. I see him this Thursday so hopefully we'll be able to figure out what's going on.

I'm 4 days out & today has been a lot better than all the others so far. Only spent around 2 hours all day laying, have been able to walk around with minimal pain but more nausea than other days.

You're doing great! Right now I'm struggling because I'm so hungry and I have a massive headache. This liquid diet is killing me

Everyone has different pain tolerance pain levels after having arthritis and a bad back for years I thought mine were pretty high but I am over two weeks out and still have to be on pain killers almost everyday. I hope you get relief try changing portions often and walking a little I found bending over a high table while sitting helps with the pain a little.

I hope you get better soon. The pain in my stomach is OK for now but the gas pain is still shooting up to my shoulders. The biggest issue I have right now is that I'm starving like crazy and I have a massive headache.

All I can do is suggest do what the Doctor told you & if you are uncomfortable sitting or lying down put as many pillows behind you that feel comfortable , also if you have a recliner sit or sleep in in it even with as many pillows for the first like 3 days but keep to the post op diet & take the medication as you need it .
It will get better & maybe just take a few steps every 1/2 hr but it does get better.
Good luck on your Journey .
I'm not on here much anymore but I am 4 years out & I am so happy with my results & what I have been able to accomplish I am banded.
Hopefully this helps.

Thank you so much!! Sitting in the recliner and putting pillows around me has helped big time. The liquid diet is killing me because I'm sooooooo unbelievably hungry. On top of that, I have a massive headache because I'm hungry. Now I'm really second guessing my decision

God yes the liquid diet. I don't feel too bad today, just bloated but have been able to drive & walk around the dog park. But urg the hunger & cravings omg. I'm so desperate for something that's not juice or vegan jelly.

God yes the liquid diet. I don't feel too bad today, just bloated but have been able to drive & walk around the dog park. But urg the hunger & cravings omg. I'm so desperate for something that's not juice or vegan jelly.

I'm glad you're doing better!! I'm going crazy. I'm scared to risk it and end up throwing up.

The liquid diet is very uncomfortable & yes it feels like your Starving but your not however stick with the surface freejello even if you have to let it turn in to liquid but most of all keep drinking Water & take the meds they gave you , also if you can't stand the headache take liquid Motrin or Tylenol & either keep yourself busy with a hobby or a reading a book try not to watch TV because for me after my surgery I think the TV was torturing me with all the food commercials & We all go through that what did I do & is this going to be worth it so don't think your the only one .

Also I'm glad my suggestion helped about the pillows , also just wait for the gas lol but I have heard to have gas x strips around that they help .

Just for myself I had to have Imodium a.d. .

All this is just suggestions but it is worth it when your clothes start feeling looser & you can be comfortable doing things you couldn't do & you will notice in a month or 2 maybe even a little more but just keep up what your surgeon/doctor recommended for you.