Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just revised from Sleeve to MGB

6 hours ago, rcr89 said:

Hello, thank you for your story, it does help, I am getting ready to schedule my surgery with Dr. Illan for late March, he recommends the MGB, I have been trying to find as much information out there about the procedure since it's not done that much in the states. Your story helped alot, I hope you are doing well, I would love to keep in touch if possible.

Hi

Congrats on your upcoming surgery! I'm glad that found my post helpful. Please feel free to ask me any questions. Take care

How are you doing now. I am having the same issue with my fundus was not as small as it could have been and I'm regaining. How much have you loss and how do you feel as of today. I too have to pay out of pocket and was researching Dr. Illian I was excited to run into your page 😁😁😁

Edited by Miss Apple

Thank you so much for your post!! I had pretty much decided on Dr. Illan when the time comes but your insight on Dr. Ponce is giving me second thoughts on that and your experience seems very ideal! I am leaning towards MGB but keep hearing good and bad. One thing I am worried about is healthcare in the US when doctors here aren’t as familiar. Have you had any doctors refuse to see you or be at a loss for your care? I know I am going to get pregnant after WLS so I want to make sure doctors here know what’s up. Thanks again for your insight! What is your status now? Are you still happy with your decision to get MGB with Dr. Ponce?

Hello everyone

I've been MIA for awhile because I was to lazy to locate my login information. Lol! All is well though. I'm almost 2 years out and I still love my mini bypass. I currently weigh129lbs and I'm still losing weight. Here's a before/after pic. The 1st one was taken 2 days after surgery in Tijuana. My after pic was taken November 2018. I'm glad to be back. Pleae let me know if you have any questions regarding MGB

2019-01-19_15.29.09.jpg

Well done! I’m just three weeks out, so I appreciate the inspiring photos and check in!

Like your pen name, remember the hardest climbs bring the sweetest victories and the summit. is a beautiful place to be!

Hi @nu horizons!

Just checking in on you. You look FANTASTIC! Congrats.

Any updates or side effects since your mgb conversion?

You had mentioned the PooPourri before. Are your bowel movements different than before? How so? (Sorry to be so blunt but these are definitely e eryday side effects that one has to know about and consider before deciding!)

I’m currently 280lbs and my sleeve no longer works and I have terrible reflux. I went to Cancun to consult with dr perez and he suggested a mgb conversion. He did mention stinky poo as a side effect but I’m. Just wondering what he meant.

Your story is inspiring.

You look awesome!!!! I have been going back and forth trying to decide. How did you eat to lose the weight did you eat more or less. I've been researching and some people are saying there is no restriction and they are struggling and some are saying eat more you will lose. What is your experience?

I was sleeved at 293 back in 2017 I lost 100 lbs within 6 months and unfortunately most of my hair in the process. I didn’t cope with things properly and here I am 5 years later weighing 286. I am scheduled for a revision to MGB this Thursday so here’s hoping I get this right! I’m going to follow these rules