Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 2017 sleevers - how's everyone doing post-op?

It's been a month and a day since surgery. I lost 23 pounds pre-op, but only 15 pounds post-up. I've been stalled for 2 weeks, although my weight has been fluctuating up and down by the same 1 or 2 pounds. I've cut back on dairy, which has helped with a lot of issues, and I'm trying to get my calories in (my NUT wants a minimum of 800 daily), which I can do, but I feel like I'm either full or eating all day.

I would have liked to have lost more by this point (I was hoping for 20 pounds post-op) but I put on a pair of jeans today that I haven't been able to wear in over 2 years, so that's a nice NSV. I've also noticed that my fat seems more loose and jiggly (I was always kind of solid before), and that I've got some weird bulges in my thighs that I never had before. The inches are coming off, I just want that d@mn scale to move! ;-)

I was sleeved 2/38/17. I'm having some issue getting in enough fluids. I can get them in easily, I'm just not getting in enough. I feel good, not tired like I was the first 3 days post-op. Looking forward to the soft/mushy foods stage:)

Edited by Kimba Marie Angelina Wiggins

Was sleeved 2/13, so a little over 3 weeks out. It has been a rough 3 weeks. Dealing with dehydration and nausea but the last 2 days seem like a turning point as I am able to get in enough fluids. It's been tough but don't regret it. Down 28 lbs. Will continue to take it one day at a time.

Hi February 2017 Sleevers,

It's been one month and a few days since my surgery. Wow! I'm loving the weight loss! Down 27 pounds which is over the top exciting! I thought I'd share some of my thoughts now that I've been at this for a bit. You might be here too or have already passed through this part of the journey. Every body is different.

Happy that many of my early issues have cleared up on their own. I no longer have stomach spasms. That was early on and they hurt. I no longer have acid reflux. Again, the first two weeks and it's gone. I had some dizzy spells early on as well but I attributed that to the VLCD and trying to get my Water in.

I still struggle with Constipation. I don't expect to go every day as I am eating only 600-800 calories a day. I usually think about it once a week and take some Milk of Magnesia at bedtime. Problems solved after my morning coffee:-)

I'm starting to notice my "full" feeling. It was hard at first because those nerves in my tummy were severed during surgery. I have been measuring my food and determined that I can eat about 4-5 ounces comfortably. I am still in the soft/mushy phase so I will have to re-evaluate when I move to the next phase, I'm sure.

It is hard work to eat and drink everything I am supposed to. Those nasty Grelin hunger hormones are gone. Yay! Consequently, I feel absolutely no physical hunger. I did feel a few days of head hunger and regret that I could no longer eat whatever I want but that has passed too. Having no hunger sounds like a great thing until you get to 8pm and realize you've only eaten 300 calories all day.

Sugar cravings are gone. I haven't had any sugar, processed food or processed flour since surgery. That was friggin' hard but I'm past the cravings now and it is awesome! My skin looks great now that the things I consume are truly nourishing. Another reason I have no hunger, I believe.

I'd love to hear how everyone is doing! What types of issues are you dealing with? Successes? Failures?

ta

Pam

How's everyone doing post-op? I just had my surgery yesterday, and other than the scars on my belly and general fatigue, I feel great. Don't know how long that's going to last though!

Hey everyone!
I was sleeved 2/16 and everything was going well until I was back in the er for an appendectomy on the 26th. The nurses claimed it was hereditary and not coincidental due to the sleeve. Why getting cat scans and more it was also determined that my uterus is enlarged.. . So I am hopeful that the sleeve will be a benefit but have had a couple bumps in the road. Went to my follow up and my surgeon said everything looked good including appendectomy scars. My only really issue now is after the appendectomy I haven't been able to stomach my Premier Protein shakes. I can't do anything dairy. Have been sipping on Water and jello..... any suggestions.... my mid section has been through allot.....

C

How's everyone doing post-op? I just had my surgery yesterday, and other than the scars on my belly and general fatigue, I feel great. Don't know how long that's going to last though!

Hope everyone is doing well!

C

3 minutes ago, cnewbodyreno said:

My only really issue now is after the appendectomy I haven't been able to stomach my premier Protein shakes. I can't do anything dairy. Have been sipping on Water and Jello..... any suggestions.... my mid section has been through allot.....

I had a hard time drinking Premier post-op too. I bought a case of Isopure and like that much better. It also has 40 grams of Protein and is easier for me to stomach. Good luck!

Hi all!

Sleeved 2/22. I felt great with no pain up until the last two days when I've had sort of an ache in my abdomen. I don't feel gassy, but the uncomfortableness feels a little like that. It makes me not want to drink my Protein Drinks or liquids ( I'm doing it anyway, but it just increases me feeling uncomfortable). Anyone else get that? I suppose I ought to try GasX.

I get to start eating soft foods Monday. I'm down 30 pounds: 17 pre-op, 13 post op.

I was sleeved 2/28. I'm down 12 lbs since surgery. I'm enjoying my full liquids. Had some issues with head hunger after I came home and my family was eating foods I love, but it's getting better. It's a struggle to get in all of my fluids still, but I'm able to drink more each day. I've been having some Constipation, but stool softeners help with that. I've felt like I have more energy the last couple of days, but then I overdo things and need to rest.

On 2017-03-07 at 11:14 AM, chache64 said:

I am 5 days post op and have not lost any weight. The morning of surgery I was 212 I'm 215 now. I'm really frustrated. The bright side besides a little nauseousness I have had zero issues.

It'll come , your Bodies trying not to give up any fat since it's been "damaged"(your stomachs near gone!) your BMI is likely lower. Wait until you heal and you'll be clear sailing !

Sleeved 2/22. Feeling great. Hopefully starting with puréed foods on Tuesday! Still struggling to get fluids/protein some days..

Also came down with post-op thrush. Oh! And I got this weird hive like rash that didn't itch, but hurt, like I was getting pricked by needles. It's spreading from my shoulders down my chest and back. My doctor thinks it's my thyroid reacting to the surgery and ordered some blood work. The rest won't respond to benedryl. Weird.

Other then all of that haha everything is good. Down 20 pounds since day of surgery!

Hi, I was sleeved 2/17 only down 12 lbs I am also getting rashes in different places it itches then goes away to another spot the next day

Do you have a thyroid condition? My doctor thinks my rash is related to my thyroid have a freak out because part of my stomach is gone.

Make sure you contact your doctor about the rash of you haven't already!

I had surgery yesterday. Feel good besides mild gas pain. I have gas X
And pain med given. I was up walking about 3 hrs after surgery and still walking it helps get rid of gas pain.
Not bad at all!