Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 5 days post op and feeling good. I battled my fears by visualizing myself a year from now. Doing things I love to do and things I could never do because of my weight. I have zero regret.

You got this!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I'm 5 days post op and feeling good. I battled my fears by visualizing myself a year from now. Doing things I love to do and things I could never do because of my weight. I have zero regret.

You got this!

I'm also afraid of getting smaller I so use to be fat

veronica

Hey hi it's normal to be scared of what's unknown it's really not as bad as we are sometimes told by those trying to discourage us from this decision it really wasn't very painful you will be nauseas but they give you meds for that I could do almost anything after a few days listen to your drs orders and try not to let the negative attitudes and opinions of some scare you out of doing what you feel is right for you it's your decision not anyone's else's

I know what you mean...I've been so excited and anticipating the day I'd get my surgery date, and now that I have it, I'm freaked out. It all suddenly became very very real.

I'm trying to remind myself that I'm doing this to SAVE my life. That not doing this is going to put me in the grave too soon. the surgery is the Best thing I can do for myself and, by extension, my family.

Trust your feelings! This is a drastic surgery!

I had my sleeve done recently. Although my opinion is not in the majority. I will recomend you don't do this! This surgery is scary and life altering. I REGRET decision everyday. I have major acid reflux that I never ever had pre op. I dont know how to stop it. I take 80mg of nexium everyday! Thats maximum dosage. This is the only irreversible surgery. Even the gastric bypass can be reversed if there's serious healthough issues. There are newer procedure coming out like the Gastric Ballon. There will be more over the years! I will always deal with complications from this extreme surgery. I had the lapband and took it out. I will regret doing this to myself everyday. It's not always rosy and you can't turn back.

Best wishes.

Anne I am so sorry for your struggles. I think we all are different after this surgery. I never had acid reflux or heartburn before surgery. I have a bit of reflux now. I am only 6 days out but feel that acid reflux is a good trade off compared to high cholesterol, diabetes, urinary incontinence , or never seeing my grandbabies grow.

Still have no regrets and I encourage anyone thinking about this surgery to consider the trade offs. I even accepted that I may not make it through surgery. Living a quality life healthy is way more important to to me than a life in constant misery because I can't enjoy doing the things I dream of. Notice I didn't say eating the things I dream of.

Good luck to you and I hope your symptoms subside.

Ready to fly!!

Good point Fab. I lost my gall bladder 7 years ago after losing 50 pounds on the HCG diet. I think my Acid Reflux will subside with time. Anne is not really responding but pasting the same post on here. I have not seen where she shares how far out from surgery she is.

Ready to fly!!

Good point Fab. I lost my gall bladder 7 years ago after losing 50 pounds on the HCG diet. I think my Acid Reflux will subside with time. Anne is not really responding but pasting the same post on here. I have not seen where she shares how far out from surgery she is.

Ready to fly!!

Thanks yea I had mine taken out 3 months ago it was either before surgery or as the same time as the sleeve I wanted to gone and have it removed so I did [emoji8]

veronica

I still have my gallbladder. I am posting the same message more or less because mu thoughts for those considering this procedure are the same.

@retrochild67 I am two months post op. I am glad your feeling better and happy with your decision. But there are two sides to every story.

Severe acid reflux is no joke. It's not a tradeoff anyone should accept for weight loss.

I still have my gallbladder. I am posting the same message more or less because mu thoughts for those considering this procedure are the same.
[mention=312146]retrochild67[/mention] I am two months post op. I am glad your feeling better and happy with your decision. But there are two sides to every story.
Severe acid reflux is no joke. It's not a tradeoff anyone should accept for weight loss.

Yes that may very well be the problem have that taken out you may feel better but I want let something as small as that stop me thank though

veronica

my date is in may and right now i am struggling to do the low calorie diet. i think its 1500 calories. i just always feel hungry and i feel like i am drinking less Water. im trying the 1oz of Water every 15 minutes.