Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Petite Sleevers? Under 5' ...??

I'm getting prepared for my surgery on Feb 21st - I haven't exactly been shy avout telling frienda/coworkers about what I'm doing. But i AM shocked at how many say I don't need this... i don't think they understand that being 4'11" and 205 lbs is NOT fine. It doesn't matter, because this is for ME, not them; but just wondering how many other P.S's there are that may have heard this?? [i hide it VERY well....lol]

nomorefluff

I've told some folks that I'm getting the WLS. I'm 5'3 at 250. I've always been "curvy" or heavy or fat whichever one fits for the day. Everyone I've told has said the same thing, "really? But you're doing well in the gym. You look good" and I'm like well if you've been carrying excess weight around for 28 years, you'd look good too I'm assuming. I agree, this is for US and a healthier us. I'm tired of the knee aches, the thighs who can't stop saying hi to each other, having to buy clothes that are $$$ the price of others, taking two pills every morning and worrying about my blood pressure, worrying about having a high risk pregnancy. All of that - I'm tired of. So this, is for US. No need to hid anything well anymore:)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yessss,@KGee88 ....!!! I'm gonna be 38 in June, and the last time i felt confident with my body was in March of 2008!!! I want to be that sexy, confident woman. Not the one who men just think are sexy, because of the 'curves' .... i'm getting MY sexy on for ME, and nobody else!!

nomorefluff

I am 5'1 274lbs...I am not telling anyone but my hustand who supports me because he sees my daily struggles and my 2 nieces who had the surgery. I struggle to walk , to get up in our new truck, just to go to the store and load groceries, to enjoy a leisure walk. I hear the same from my sisters, "you are not that fat, you don't need surgery!!!" YES I AM THAT FAT!
some people just don't understand because they are not in the body you live in and struggle in every effing day!!
I am doing this for me and screw the naysayers!!!
Excuse me getting a little wild with the words but hey I don't know about ya'll but inside I scream all the time" I want out of this prison that is called my my body!!!!!"
No one, no one understands unless they have been there. That is why I find comfort and support from reading the stories and seeing the results of everyone here. I also look at countless YouTube videos and say to myself. That is going to be me. I am going to have that same face of joy and excitement as I see on everyone else.
You stay strong, push on, and go for that brass ring!!!!my surgery will not be until August and I cannot wait!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I am 5'1 274lbs...I am not telling anyone but my hustand who supports me because he sees my daily struggles and my 2 nieces who had the surgery. I struggle to walk , to get up in our new truck, just to go to the store and load groceries, to enjoy a leisure walk. I hear the same from my sisters, "you are not that fat, you don't need surgery!!!" YES I AM THAT FAT!
some people just don't understand because they are not in the body you live in and struggle in every effing day!!
I am doing this for me and screw the naysayers!!!
Excuse me getting a little wild with the words but hey I don't know about ya'll but inside I scream all the time" I want out of this prison that is called my my body!!!!!"
No one, no one understands unless they have been there. That is why I find comfort and support from reading the stories and seeing the results of everyone here. I also look at countless YouTube videos and say to myself. That is going to be me. I am going to have that same face of joy and excitement as I see on everyone else.
You stay strong, push on, and go for that brass ring!!!!my surgery will not be until August and I cannot wait!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

You got this,@K_aane ..... i have a VERY colorful vocabulary, but i tone it waaaay down in these forums... hahahaha! We got this, we ignore the haters, and take care of US....!!!

nomorefluff

"I understand what you saying I only told few people I did not want that negative few back I had my surgery done 11-17-16. My height is 5'2 my starting weight was 260 now I weigh 198. Thank you Jesus.You made the right decision i will be praying for you God bless you keep me posted!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using the BariatricPal App

You know, having just learned about the surgery, myself...

There is another reason friends say, "but you're not that big". Partly because they are being nice, but partly because they honestly believe the surgery is designed only for the 500#+, bedridden, crowd. After all, you are up, walking around, living your life. It would never occur to them that that surgery would even apply!

We had a friend 15 years ago who was over 400lbs, and surgery never even crossed our minds for him!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using the BariatricPal App

@maxinebrown ..... amen girl!!! Congrats to you, that's amazing!!! I hope i have just as good success as everyone in here!!! I have all my "1st week" items set up already....!!! So i don't get bored, and i stay VERY hydrated!!!

nomorefluff

@berry78 .... VERY true. I don't necessarily get upset, but i do get hurt... however, i rake that very moment to tell them what I weigh.... and the look on their faces changes when they discobee i am over 200 lbs, at this height. THEN they see that i really want this, and they say "you go for it, i'm happy for you" .. so for the most part, it's been okay. And i have a 'speech' prepared for the day I go in.. #IAMREADYBABY

nomorefluff

I was 5'0 and 214 day of surgery in July. Now I'm 145, which is still overweight for such a petite height. No one would describe me as skinny and if I'd never gotten so fat and never had surgery I would still be trying to lose 20+ lbs.

So I'm still working on losing, but I feel fucking great!

Every pound makes a difference at our height.

That's AWESOME,@higher !!!!! I'm so excited about this.... I can remember specifically when i was 143 lbs.... and at that time, although [as you said] i was still considered overweight.... i never felt so great than at that point!!! I eventually lost control, but now it's time to get that control BACK.... and for good!!

nomorefluff

I was 5'0 and 214 day of surgery in July. Now I'm 145, which is still overweight for such a petite height. No one would describe me as skinny and if I'd never gotten so fat and never had surgery I would still be trying to lose 20+ lbs.
So I'm still working on losing, but I feel fucking great!
Every pound makes a difference at our height.

You go girl!! I am so excited for the day I can say, " I feel fucking great!!!!!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

Short girl here too! 5'2" 230 lbs with fat belly that I hate! I love all the above comments! I love that colorful language! I'm like that too! Most people I tell are happy for me but some have said "oh no you don't need to do that just eat right and exercise" Really? You don't think I have tried that more times than I could count? Duh! That's why I want to get the surgery so I can diet and exercise more easily and without pain to lose the weight and have it stay the f*** off of me! Hugs to all y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That weight is going to stay the fuck off....off!!!!!!![emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app