Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Egg & Cheese Bites recipes- Delicious protein!

Hi all!

I am 4 months post sleeve. My tummy still prefers softer Protein. I went to Starbucks and had their Egg Bites. They are delicious! This inspired me to create my own version at home. My version is made in muffin tins and baked since I don't have a Sous Vide cooking device. They turned out so good! And you can add fun stuff to make them even tastier. Recipe follows:

For 5-6 Egg Bites (I eat only one at a time but they store well in the fridge, so I have them for the whole work week), you will need:

6 eggs

1/3 cup half & half (or whole milk)

1/4 cup cheese- I use Gouda, but any kind will do.

Dash of salt & pepper

Add ins: I use green onions, roasted red bell pepper and crisp bacon pieces and cream cheese. (You could also use spinach, kale, green chilies, turkey sausage, the sky is the limit!)

Muffin tin

food processor or blender

Process:

Preheat oven to 325. Spray Pam into 6 muffin tins.

Put the eggs, milk or cream, and cheese in a food processor or blender. Whirl and blend until egg mixture is light and fluffy, about 30 seconds.

Pour mixture into a bowl, and stir in green onion, bell pepper, bacon pieces or any other ad-ins you love.

Spoon mixture into muffin tins, leaving a half inch from the top of each cup.

Super yummy extra: At this point, I add a bit of cream cheese into each cup. I use about the size of a marble of cream cheese. I LOVE how these taste with this extra kick!

Put them in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until semi-firm. Let them cool before popping them out of the cups.

Nutrion (per one egg bite) Protein= 11, Carbs= 2, Calories= 215*

The calories could be cut back (if desired) by using lower fat cheeses and milk and skipping the cream cheese).

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 8.45.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 8.46.24 AM.png

look like i'm going to be making these! :) Thanks for sharing!

Omg! You are my new hero! I am so addicted to those eggs! And I beat myself for paying 4.45 for 2 freaking eggs, but they are the perfect meal! I was just getting ready to google to find a recipe and found your recipe! Can I tell you how amazing you are!!! I cant wait to try your recipe! Let's hope it doesnt end up on a pinterest fail page!! SO EXCITED! And can I ssk? What the heck is a soue vide device???? Now ill have to google that! :-)

YUM! These look like little frittatas! But minus the carbs! I can't wait to try these! Very cool! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for this! Looks great.

how do you reheat them later in the week? Or do you eat them cold?

On 2/9/2017 at 10:18 PM, Lisa O said:

Omg! You are my new hero! I am so addicted to those eggs! And I beat myself for paying 4.45 for 2 freaking eggs, but they are the perfect meal! I was just getting ready to google to find a recipe and found your recipe! Can I tell you how amazing you are!!! I cant wait to try your recipe! Let's hope it doesnt end up on a pinterest fail page!! SO EXCITED! And can I ssk? What the heck is a soue vide device???? Now ill have to google that! :-)

I know...those Starbucks one are sooo good! Thats why I had to make them myself ;-)

The Sous Vide is a mechanical kitchen device that swirls Water around at an exact temperature. Too fancy for me, lol!

Enjoy!! Let me know hows your turn out!

22 hours ago, higher said:

Thanks for this! Looks great.

how do you reheat them later in the week? Or do you eat them cold?

I warm mine up at about 20 seconds in micro. Thats it!! :-) I wouldn't eat them cold!

Ok - I have done something wrong ... twice. My eggs in the muffin tin really puff up and then deflate - but not in a good way . Maybe the whole milk vs half / half ? I also halved the recipe ... love the pic but not my actual outcome

Welcome back to scrambled eggs for me

I bounce between this and scrambled eggs weekly. Both dishes are the same as I'm not adventurous; peppers, onions, sausage. Occasionally ham if I have leftover. A few times I've made them in ham cups for extra Protein.

Since Starbucks was mentioned earlier, I like their steak and egg with tomatillo sauce. I remove the tortilla wrap, but like their eggs, it's pricey. So when I make it at home with left over steak, I add in green tomatilla salsa and it's tasty.

wrap a slice of turkey bacon around the cup before you add the eggs for a crispy crust or chop the back and put it I the bottom before you put in the eggs. MINE also puff then subside as they cool. perfectly normal.