Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Warning eat your protein/vitamins!!!!! 8mths post op Gastric bypass

I would like to go ahead and let you know before you read the information below at this moment I am still feeling very sick but I wanted to share this information to see if anyone has experienced this or has any advice to help me!!! I really hope The information I provided makes sense about what I'm trying to say please excuse my writing and grammar. I just need to put this information out as quickly as I can to see if anyone knows anything about what is happening to me.... :-,(

I'm eight months post op!! Everything has been going pretty well until recently, I forget to take my Protein daily and Vitamins daily... I noticed that I can eat more now.... if I wanted to, than I could mths ago. And when I'm swallowing foods and liquids they go down a lot easier now, less restriction but I still have restrictions especially if I eat meat. During my current eight months I have not felt as hungry... with everything going on in my busy personal life and busy work life. I'm not taking my daily vitamins like I did in the beginning of my surgery and I have not had my Protein shakes like I usually would the in the beginning of my surgery. My liquid intake is very low now...I forget to eat and drink now...I don't know how or why but for some reason in my eight months post op gastric bypass, I feel like, I'm use to my new stomach and it doesn't feel so different anymore... so I haven't stayed aware or too concerned with my protein and vitamins and liquids I'm getting in during a day. Example: it's 3 PM and I haven't had Breakfast or lunch and maybe have had a little bit of Water and coffee. This example is what has been going on during my 8 months currently.

This was a big big big mistake!!!!!! The worst thing I could of possibly done to myself... I have had small signs from my body most recently, feeling weak my face looking like a dried-up raisin, my lips being super dry and super dry mouth, especially my tongue and my urine being super strong. Today, all of this caught up to me and I'm currently trying to recover from being so sick hours ago... I have never Felt like this before my body felt like it was shutting down, my vision was blurred I felt fatigue..my heart was racing.. I was dry heaving over and over. And the worst part about it was I couldn't just drink a lot of liquids at one time to help me with my dehydration or eat something to make my stomach feel better, I have to drink slowly and eat slowly because I had gastric bypass. This was a major problem, because I was dry heaving my body was rejecting sips of liquid. I'm malnourished from not having vitamins and I'm dehydrated, I'm pretty sure my body reacted this way because it was not getting what in what I needed-in order to produce energy and function...this is the result of my poor decisions this month..and it all caught up to me today! Forgetting to eat, drink liquids and making sure I have had my protein and vitamins. I was definitely reminded by my body's reaction today. . Saying to myself during my current 8mth post op gastric bypass..."I've done so good since my surgery and everything is good now I have lost the weight so I'm not going to be that concerned with my vitamins as much and nevermind needing protein...Im in my 8mths and I think I'm all good now" ---- I was very wrong thinking this, and suffered from it today and I'm still not well.

Hopefully, I will feel a lot better tomorrow.....to at least go to the store and buy my Protein Shakes and get my life back in order with drinking my liquid taking my vitamins. And remembering I had gastric bypass and I need to take extra care of myself and be aware of my daily intakes.

Thank you for taking the time to read my current confusion of writing skills LOL I just needed to put this out there as quick as possible and do not have the energy to proofread it to make sure this makes sense thank you so much please respond , if you have had this experience

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for sharing. Sleeve Op on August 2016. I kind of slacked a bit. Works been busy forgetting to hydrate/vitamins, missing meals. Began experiencing extreme skin dryness and peeling. Also I'm looking pale in an ill type of way. Glad I read this. Stepping my h2o,  Vitamin, and  Protein UP!

I'm 3wks post op and I forget to drink... I can't stand the taste of Water or artificial sweetener.. Don't know what I'm going to do ?

Thanks for the advice...

so sorry you are going thro this but very happy you are aware of the issue and getting back on track. it is a great warning to all of us. once we start getting some distance between the surgery and now all too often we start slacking up. since we don't dump so much and start getting hungry we push the limits on food and this can lead to regain. if we are feeling good we will stop all the Vitamins and slack up on Water and exercise. thanks so much for reminding all of us that we need to stay true to the basics of the program. hope tomorrow brings you back to some peace and your plan of drinking again and getting the Protein will bring that body back to vibrant health.

I found my reading this and nodding the entire time. I'm only two months post op, but I was experiencing the same symptoms and I ended up in the hospital for a few days. Getting off track seems like it only takes a day or two and it is awful.

I hope you start to feel better, soon!

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

4 months post op sleeve here and so much yes on this post. I have been really slacking and noticed so ive been back on my shakes and Water. Still having issues getting my Vitamins and remembering or making time for actual food. It's hard. Im back to going almost all day with no food and then getting so sick i can't do anything BUT sip water until I'm strong enough for something more. Just ugh. I need to get my life.

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

I'm 3wks post op and I forget to drink... I can't stand the taste of Water or artificial sweetener.. Don't know what I'm going to do [emoji53]
Thanks for the advice...

I couldn't stand the taste of water either but it's getting better now. Had surgery 12/1. Try the sugar free kool-aid grape and cherry that worked well for me. Now I'm trying the crush brand and pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I will be praying for you and all of us. I'm sorry to hear you are going through this! The good news is that you are going through this and coming out soon and better than before[emoji4] because you know what to do. I thank you for this post having had my bypass on 12/1 it reminds me to not comfortable no matter what. I have done good with my Vitamins because I have alerts set on my phone every 2 hours so I don't forget. I highly recommend you do this because we must get our vitamins since we can't eat the foods that provide them like we use to do. I try to get Protein Shakes in to ensure I get my daily serving of Protein or add the medical protein to Soups and such. liquids I'm still a little short on but I try to fill my 32oz bottle twice to get in my 64oz but again I'm improving but not there just YET[emoji6] We can do this people!!![emoji1433]

I'm a year and 6 months post GB if you do not take your Vitamins you will end up with a deficiency. Trust me!! It happened to me cause I got lazy taking extra Calcium and vit D. Started getting very bad lower back pain and tired...blood tests revealed low D... started taking vitamins and levels all good and back pain gone. Just take vitamins and drink Protein Shakes it helps with skin and hair repair too.

@curlysue86, I understand exactly what you are talking about. I'm having some difficulties with taking my

Vitamins and getting in my Water and Protein. It is definitely hard. I am 3 months post op with my GB and I am struggling. I had the sleeve 3 years ago but because of severe reflux I had to have a revision to GB. I did great with the sleeve and never had any problems so I thought I could breeze right through the GB. Well, not so. The GB is 10 times more difficult. I still can't eat meat and there are only a few vegetables that I can keep down. If it weren't for the Protein shakes and Soup I'd be in trouble. I hate swallowing pills so I have been terrible at taking my Vitamins and I can tell a difference in how I feel, and its not good. My skin is so dry... even moisturizer doesn't help that much. I need to drink more Water. I've bought some more vitamins and I plan on getting back on a plan so I'll be healthy. The weight is coming off but it's so difficult to eat and there are so many times the meals just don't agree with me and I end up throwing everything up. I never ever did that with the sleeve. Hang in there and we will all get through this . We must remember that this is not a diet... it's a life style.

@curlysue86, I understand exactly what you are talking about. I'm having some difficulties with taking my

Vitamins and getting in my Water and Protein. It is definitely hard. I am 3 months post op with my GB and I am struggling. I had the sleeve 3 years ago but because of severe reflux I had to have a revision to GB. I did great with the sleeve and never had any problems so I thought I could breeze right through the GB. Well, not so. The GB is 10 times more difficult. I still can't eat meat and there are only a few vegetables that I can keep down. If it weren't for the Protein  shakes and Soup I'd be in trouble. I hate swallowing pills so I have been terrible at taking my Vitamins and I can tell a difference in how I feel, and its not good. My skin is so dry... even moisturizer doesn't help that much. I need to drink more Water. I've bought some more vitamins and I plan on getting back on a plan so I'll be healthy. The weight is coming off but it's so difficult to eat and there are so many times the meals just don't agree with me and I end up throwing everything up. I never ever did that with the sleeve. Hang in there and we will all get through this . We must remember that this is not a diet... it's a life style.

Try the chewy bites vitamins from Bariatric Advantage they taste good, have variety, and are specifically formulated for us. I love them!

Hey at 3 months post op you won't be able to eat much of anything especially meat. If you're throwing up try slowing down when eating it takes awhile to eat at that early stage. Sip Water throughout the day and don't drink with meals. I always have a Protein Shake or yogurt with my Vitamins. Some of the chewables are good if your dr approves. I started taking chewable skin and hair vitamins and they helped my skin also fish oils. I was never able to get in 32 ounces of water a day. But make sure to get the 2 Protein Shakes in for the first 6 months. It gets easier I can eat everything now...just not as much. I miss those early days of seeing what I could eat and watching the scale drop!

OP I'm sorry! I hope you can get your levels back up and feeling better soon. It took courage to share this. All the best to you.

Chewable Vitamins can be great.
Just want to say that Nascobal offers both pills to swallow and chewable. I talk about nascobal a lot on here but partially because it makes my life so much easier and helps me get my vitamins. Also only 25 dollars a month for me because it is a prescription.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App