Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Warning eat your protein/vitamins!!!!! 8mths post op Gastric bypass

1- Sounds like you are a direct beneficiary and victim of your own success! Congrats from making you life rotate around food, to not having emotional dependence on it 24/7! What a huge psychological transformation! You have identified the problem, another plus. Now you are looking for lasting solutions. Yes, Ideally better not to have the episode, but sounds like it was a great teaching moment. It is very tricky to turn off our eat all the time dialogue, without turning off the other feedback loops. Yes I agree with everyone else, keep trying new Fluid choices until you get one that works, make your Vitamin regimen a routine instead of a choice. Excited for you that you have made such great progress in such a short time!

On 2/9/2017 at 10:10 AM, danaymacklin said:

I couldn't stand the taste of Water either but it's getting better now. Had surgery 12/1. Try the sugar free kool-aid grape and cherry that worked well for me. Now I'm trying the crush brand and pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Totally true... water flavoring helps so much and also @danaymacklin you are such a beauty. I had gastric sleeve on 12/5 and it is a struggle to get in water n Protein but I do my earnest to get in at least 50 mg by Protein Shakes and at least 40 by food. Water is about 50 oz a day . Other liquids about 30 oz . I'm trying . Take Multivitamin daily and this post has scared me to make sure that I don't skip a beat .

I can not get the page to load properly so not sure about what you are asking. if you mean a body odor no there is none at least if you stay clean. I could shower in the hospital and so continued that once home. I did a bath chair in the shower and had someone to call if I got too weak or felt dizzy but that never happened. never heard of anyone having an odor unless their stitches got infected. then maybe but will be treated promptly so is not a permanent thing. hope this helps and if you need something more specific just let me know good luck

I couldn't stand the taste of Water either but it's getting better now. Had surgery 12/1. Try the [mention=307298]danaymacklin[/mention] you are such a beauty. I had gastric sleeve on 12/5 and it is a struggle to get in water n Protein but I do my earnest to get in at least 50 mg by Protein Shakes and at least 40 by food. Water is about 50 oz a day . Other liquids about 30 oz . I'm trying . Take multivitamin daily and this post has scared me to make sure that I don't skip a beat .

Hilarious how this reads!!!

for those of you who keep posting that you are forgetting to take your vit or drink your water==put a plan in place. this is a life style change and will take time to become a habit. I take my vit when I brush my teeth each morning and night but you can connect it to your meals etc . set the alarm on your phone for every 30 min and drink some Water. or set an alarm clock. if you wont get angry=have someone who is responsible remind you for a week or two until it gets to be second nature. there are many ways to get around any obstacle you might encounter but you have to think outside the box ( our normal way of thinking is what got us here to begin with) ugh. don't be too hard on yourself but also as nike says just do it. if not you could end up in the hospital from dehydration of even worse. best of luck to everyone on their journey

My dr said I need the gastric bypass but read someone post said you will have an odor after the surgery

Sent from my iPhone using BariatricPal

Agree with Martha below and the only odor will come from your feces after. Or at least speaking for me my poop smells worse than ever. I bought that Poopuri and it works.

for those of you who keep posting that you are forgetting to take your vit or drink your water==put a plan in place. this is a life style change and will take time to become a habit. I take my vit when I brush my teeth each morning and night but you can connect it to your meals etc . set the alarm on your phone for every 30 min and drink some Water. or set an alarm clock. if you wont get angry=have someone who is responsible remind you for a week or two until it gets to be second nature. there are many ways to get around any obstacle you might encounter but you have to think outside the box ( our normal way of thinking is what got us here to begin with) ugh. don't be too hard on yourself but also as nike says just do it. if not you could end up in the hospital from dehydration of even worse. best of luck to everyone on their journey

Agreed...I do the same. Have reminders set for every 30 minutes and every 2 hours for my Vitamins. It works!

26 minutes ago, danaymacklin said:

Hilarious how this reads!!!

It's jacked up... guess I was typing to fast trying to get my thoughts out. Well disregard the post. I wasn't trying to be a comedian.

It's jacked up... guess I was typing to fast trying to get my thoughts out. Well disregard the post. I wasn't trying to be a comedian.

Oh I know and no worries I was teasing in a living joking way that's all.