Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op diet - too much protein?

Is there a max we should abide by? I'm averaging 97 grams per day. Don't want to over do it!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

60g is the least. Up to 100g is fine. Really the more you consume isn't going to hurt. It'll simply make you fuller longer. You just want to make sure you're staying under the carb and calorie max.

Personally I do maybe 60-80. I would do more only if on weight days. I've read that the body really cannot digest more than 35 grams at a time. So, maybe 35 in the morn and 35 in the evening is probably the best bet. I'll need to find the science/study. Anything more than 35 is basically a waste. Let me find it.

I could also be wrong too. The internet is so full of contradicting science. Good grief. Best bet, do what your doc says. I'm sticking to the minimum. It's always been just fine for me and my muscle building.

My doc said 60-80. Anything more than that is used for building muscle mass. He said unless I'm planning on doing body building there's no need to take that much. Since I'm not, I'm just sticking to the 60-80 range. He still has me on that much Protein and I'm 6 weeks post op. Just stick to your plan cause everyone in here does something different.

How do you manage to get that much Protein

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using the BariatricPal App

Two scoops of GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 (20 grams each) for Breakfast and lunch, then 4 oz of chicken & 1 cup of veggies at night. I couldn't do it today though, was too full! Only did 1!scoop per meal.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

There is rarely a max limit to consumption. However, the body can only absorb so much.. The rest is wasted
The key is to exceed the minimum (60g)..