Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 days (02/16/17) until Lower Body Lift - advise?

Hello wonderful community :)

I decided 2 weeks ago or so that I needed to stop screwing around and get all this skin taken care of - today I called to schedule a surgery day and they had Feb16th open so I took it.

I'm terrified...

Any advise?

Anything I should make sure I do or have beforehand?

Thanks so much in advance!!!

~Kitty

Edited by MxKitty

I'm scheduled for a fleur de lis Tummy Tuck with lower body lift on the 23rd. I don't have any advise, but I have my pre-op this Thursday and will be happy to share anything I learn. If nothing else, now you know someone else going through it with you!

I have found having a riser/recliner and commode invaluable. I am still sleeping on it now (the riser/recliner not the commode lol) and I am 4 weeks out.

Make sure you have support at home for as long as you can or need. More than anything, keep up with Protein and fluids. Rest as much as you can. Take stool softeners and something for Constipation before you have the surgery.

Best of luck with the surgery and please come back and let us know how you got on :)

Kate

Here are my quick thoughts- I slept in a regular recliner for weeks. I would have had no clue how the rented recliner even at $150 SA a month would've gotten up into my living quarters - but I had somebody with me 24 seven for the first 10 days I already owned the commode chair but did not use it. I did use a shower chair. Different types of Protein - I am still over 100 g a day and lots of different types of fluids. I thought popsicle should be made out of prune juice. Extra gauze. My PS stated I could use pantiliners around the incision in Lou of Goss. They have the added bonus of already being adhesive. I ordered extra compression garments. And subsequently ordered a size down. I went into the surgery at 120 pounds. Went up to about 126 and I'm back down almost 6 weeks later. Like you I was super scared I spent one night in the hospital but already had all my postop medication filled at home. The drive home was hard. I was doubled over on two pillows - I was lucky that it was short. The paint was no joke but at this point I could not be happier. The jiggle is gone!!!! I did have a bum reconstruction and breast reconstruction during the same LBL surgery. Best to you - let us know how it goes!!!

Stella

58 minutes ago, Stella S said:

Here are my quick thoughts- I slept in a regular recliner for weeks. I would have had no clue how the rented recliner even at $150 SA a month would've gotten up into my living quarters - but I had somebody with me 24 seven for the first 10 days I already owned the commode chair but did not use it. I did use a shower chair. Different types of Protein - I am still over 100 g a day and lots of different types of fluids. I thought popsicle should be made out of prune juice. Extra gauze. My PS stated I could use pantiliners around the incision in Lou of Goss. They have the added bonus of already being adhesive. I ordered extra compression garments. And subsequently ordered a size down. I went into the surgery at 120 pounds. Went up to about 126 and I'm back down almost 6 weeks later. Like you I was super scared I spent one night in the hospital but already had all my postop medication filled at home. The drive home was hard. I was doubled over on two pillows - I was lucky that it was short. The paint was no joke but at this point I could not be happier. The jiggle is gone!!!! I did have a bum reconstruction and breast reconstruction during the same LBL surgery. Best to you - let us know how it goes!!!

Stella

I was lucky then as I was given 3 compression bra's and 3 compression girdles on discharge from hospital.

The most valuable items I had were a reclining lift chair, I rented it for two months, slept in it for about two weeks and still use it during the day just because i still have it. A toilet seat riser, I had incisions half way under each butt cheek and could not sit, with the seat riser you can hold yourself up w the handles. Lastly, a lanyard to hold your drains while in the shower, to free up your hands.

I like many other have been getting around 90 grams of Protein. If you are going to have groin incisions, plan on sitting around with your legs wide open for weeks. I had initially taken four weeks off work, I am now in my sixth, it such a dry moist area, they are just hard to get to heal.

Best of luck to you!

20 hours ago, sjfink said:

I'm scheduled for a fleur de lis Tummy Tuck with lower body lift on the 23rd. I don't have any advise, but I have my pre-op this Thursday and will be happy to share anything I learn. If nothing else, now you know someone else going through it with you!

I'd love to keep in touch with you!!!

14 hours ago, _Kate_ said:

I have found having a riser/recliner and commode invaluable. I am still sleeping on it now (the riser/recliner not the commode lol) and I am 4 weeks out.

Make sure you have support at home for as long as you can or need. More than anything, keep up with Protein and fluids. Rest as much as you can. Take stool softeners and something for Constipation before you have the surgery.

Best of luck with the surgery and please come back and let us know how you got on :)

Kate

What kind of riser did you get?

Thanks so much!!

I cant remember the make but will ask hubby tomorrow and let you know. We bought it second hand and were so lucky as it was only 10 months old, cost £1,600 new and I got it for £150. It's a dual motor and so comfy to sleep in too. Once I have had my thigh lift I will sell it and probably get my money back.

Kate

Very similar to this but mine is beige (and its not this make lol)

Chair.jpg

38 minutes ago, _Kate_ said:

I cant remember the make but will ask hubby tomorrow and let you know. We bought it second hand and were so lucky as it was only 10 months old, cost £1,600 new and I got it for £150. It's a dual motor and so comfy to sleep in too. Once I have had my thigh lift I will sell it and probably get my money back.

Kate

Ahh ok I have a recliner... well my wife does but I believe I'll be claiming it for a couple months :D

Meant to post this here - doh!!

I just found out from chat with my UHC rep, " Mac B.: As per your plan the in network benefits for panniculectomy are covered at 90% of eligible expenses after satisfying $250 deductible." but my PS doesn't file any kind of insurance so as soon as I can form complete sentences after I'm home I'll be requesting OR notes and detailed billing including ICD 10 codes so I can try to recoup some of the $18,387 this is costing... I'll take whatever I can get!!!!!

The hospital and anesthesiologist may handle own billing. Surgeon fees would then be all to go after.

Stella

In addition you need procedure codes and such. It may be worth the 5 to 10 percent off what is recovered to have a medical biller handle this Unless you plan this as your sit and heal mission!

Stella

Luckily my best friend is a medical coder so she double checks everything for me :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App