Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery Monday. I had a hiatal hernia repair along with my sleeve. I was up walking the same day as surgery.
I still have pain at the indented incision site, which I suppose is to be expected. I take pain pills to help with the pain.
I managed to work a few hours today, I work from home.
I'm struggling to get all my liquids in. Im on a full liquid diet for 2 weeks.
Any suggestions getting more liquids down? I'm afraid to over fill my sleeve.

Sent from my VS995 using BariatricPal mobile app

Flight to Mexico leaves tomorrow at 9:20! Then it's my pre ops and meeting the other people there!!! Getting excited! Still nervous but overall I'm good.

7 minutes ago, Kiwi_N_Rio said:

I had surgery Monday. I had a hiatal hernia repair along with my sleeve. I was up walking the same day as surgery.
I still have pain at the indented incision site, which I suppose is to be expected. I take pain pills to help with the pain.
I managed to work a few hours today, I work from home.
I'm struggling to get all my liquids in. Im on a full liquid diet for 2 weeks.
Any suggestions getting more liquids down? I'm afraid to over fill my sleeve.

I had same thing did on April 17 and still can't get down that much liquid do what you can because my doctor told me do not force anything so I'm just taking it one day at a time I'm doing lot of walking I'm going start going to Post Operative Support Groups the first one I'm going to is Post-Op Nutrition Class I did do follow up if my primary care doctor on April 24 and he said doing fine and will take awhile before we will be able get in Fluid Protein like they wanted us to do so good luck to you on your new journey

I had same thing did on April 17 and still can't get down that much liquid do what you can because my doctor told me do not force anything so I'm just taking it one day at a time I'm doing lot of walking I'm going start going to Post Operative Support Groups the first one I'm going to is Post-Op Nutrition Class I did do follow up if my primary care doctor on April 24 and he said doing fine and will take awhile before we will be able get in Fluid Protein like they wanted us to do so good luck to you on your new journey

I have my first pre op appt this coming Monday. So, hopefully by then I get closer to goal.
I will see my NUT in a few weeks before I start soft foods.
Its great you have support groups to go to. The place I went to has a support group meeting once a month. I'm thinking about going even though its an hour drive one way.
Good luck on your journey!

5 minutes ago, nbi said:

I hope you are able to get liquids down soon.... i have been told to just take little silps

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using BariatricPal mobile app

That is what I do and still don't drink that much in days time and some days I don't feel like drinking anything at all so will just slip on Water all day

Getting ready to head to the hospital. Surgery s/b around 11:30. I'm ready to go war with this weight for the last time. See you guys on the losers bench!!!!

2 minutes ago, twinmommy2004 said:

Getting ready to head to the hospital. Surgery s/b around 11:30. I'm ready to go war with this weight for the last time. See you guys on the losers bench!!!!

Congratulations see you on the loser bench

On 4/27/2017 at 1:38 AM, PatientEleventyBillion said:

Same, I never had gas pains. Good thing we had the receipt for Gas-X, can just take that crap back.. never opened it.

About the ir(regularity), I've been a gushing faucet since discharge.. they wanted me having Milk of Magnesia 3 times a day.. might as well put a pillow on the toilet and sleep on it, just non stop crapping and drinking up to 2L of Water a day to stay hydrated. Thankfully they finally pulled me off it and suggest imodium or whatever. A fairly miserable first week if I say so.

It's great that you managed to lose weight in your hospital stay. Had a stall from hospital stay to about 2 days ago. Went from 282 to 288, gaining roughly 6 pounds from IV fluids, noticed I retained some of them in my legs. Thought about asking doctor to put me back on a water pill I discontinued at surgery, but since 2 days ago it's virtually gone and I'm starting to drop weight again, vowing to keep on the diet plan even if it was a prolonged stall.. It's been a struggle to get even more than 40g of Protein on this liquid diet, but once I get to soft solids and can move to Beans, meat sauce, string cheese, and eggs, won't be an issue whatsoever.

It's great seeing other April sleevers progress. :)

I cant believe how much the anesthesia bloats you PLUS all the gas they inject into your abdomen during the surgery. That seems to be the most difficult part of the recovery. Everyone on my floor was suffering from it. I thought my diapragm was bruised but I think it was just the gas stuck there but it HURT SO MUCH. I also gained almost 7 lbs after the surgery. but I tried to tell myself that it was the after effects. I mean, I'm a person who gains weight AFTER having a baby! (that literally did happen with one of my kids).

So onward and upward on this journey. Feeling good if a little nauseated. But happy to have broth and not be hungry! I even feel like I am more able to move around. And did the seatbelt on the plane get looser???! IS that even possible? Oh I hope so - for all of us! IT will be such a more joyful life to move around and tie our shoes and go places!

GO APRIL SLEEVERS GO!

3 hours ago, twinmommy2004 said:

Hope it went well! Thinking of you...

PS. I am pretty much exactly the same height and weight as you! It will be interesting to see how we progress. And I had my surgery April 24.

Hope you are recovering well. The first 3 days are the worst!