Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Finding_Stacy said:

You have me in tears...of laughter, here.

No, I was completely sober and there was no catchy music playing. Slipped on Water walking to my lounger from the kid's area. It landed me in bed for twenty-four hours and I missed seeing St. Thomas-which is my favorite island. Oh well. I'd still rather be laid up on a cruise ship in the Caribbean than at home. First world problems right here.

Ahhh... St. Thomas. I cruised through there once. And found out I was 41 and pregnant. Happy but sad not to drink all that wine! Now he's a 5.11 14 year old sweetie pie. MAN what a bad way to fall! you need to spice up that story woman! Tell people you were in a bikini contest and one o the jealous contestants tripped you so that you wouldnt win!

PS I'm gonna follow you so we can stay in touch pre post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Cass Elliot said:

Don't you hate those doctors who follow protocol? ha ha too bad nice try . And boy! getting paid is such a bonus!!

Oh, I'm no martyr. I wouldn't be doing this if I wasn't getting paid so well. I can't say I'd do all this for even $500. Ok, that was a lie, I probably would've. It's one of the first studies done on the effects of bariatric surgery on our metabolism and also on diabetes. They need patients who aren't diabetic, or have heart problems, to be tested on. Last week they took an extraordinary amount of blood from me while shooting me up with two giant tubes of sugar Water.

My fasting glucose went from 76 to 300 in ten minutes, then they shot me with insulin to start bringing it down. So I had an IV in both arms, one to shoot up and one to take out. I looked like a heroin pro.

So, for four hours I had to lie in a hospital bed, with nothing to eat for 20 hours, and not moving or changing positions and no sleeping. I have low hemoglobin and not technically allowed to be in this study but they threw some 'slow fe' my way and called it day. But for the first 40 minutes after the intravenous sugar injections, they drew a vile of blood every 2 minutes for 40 minutes. Then drew a vile of blood every 10 minutes, for 40 minutes, 20 minutes for 1 hour until the four hours was up. It wiped me out. I'll have to do that and the fat biopsy again in three months.

The doctor doing the five year study said that bariatric surgery for some reason cures diabetes even before the patient loses a significant amount of weight. They're just trying to understand why on some of us lab rats. Also I heard that sleep apnea seems to go away relatively fast afterwards too for some unknown reason. All in all, us sleevers are wrapped up in a scientific break through. We're lucky to be able to do this!

Edited by Finding_Stacy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Finding_Stacy said:

Oh, I'm no martyr. I wouldn't be doing this if I wasn't getting paid so well. I can't say I'd do all this for even $500. Ok, that was a lie, I probably would've. It's one of the first studies done on the effects of bariatric surgery on our metabolism and also on diabetes. They need patients who aren't diabetic, or have heart problems, to be tested on. Last week they took an extraordinary amount of blood from me while shooting me up with two giant tubes of sugar Water.

My fasting glucose went from 76 to 300 in ten minutes, then they shot me with insulin to start bringing it down. So I had an IV in both arms, one to shoot up and one to take out. I looked like a heroin pro.

So, for four hours I had to lie in a hospital bed, with nothing to eat for 20 hours, and not moving or changing positions and no sleeping. I have low hemoglobin and not technically allowed to be in this study but they threw some 'slow fe' my way and called it day. But for the first 40 minutes after the intravenous sugar injections, they drew a vile of blood every 2 minutes for 40 minutes. Then drew a vile of blood every 10 minutes, for 40 minutes, 20 minutes for 1 hour until the four hours was up. It wiped me out. I'll have to do that and the fat biopsy again in three months.

The doctor doing the five year study said that bariatric surgery for some reason cures diabetes even before the patient loses a significant amount of weight. They're just trying to understand why on some of us lab rats. Also I heard that sleep apnea seems to go away relatively fast afterwards too for some unknown reason. All in all, us sleevers are wrapped up in a scientific break through. We're lucky to be able to do this!

HOLY MOLY - wow. What trials (drug) and tribulations you have been through already! That sounds so disgusting - getting shot up with sugar Water and the blood glucose levels. Geez. I guess its almost the same as binging on certain types of food? who knows. So interesting about the diabetes disappearing. And the sleep apnea. wow. I hope and pray for that one.

In any case, thank you for contributing to science!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27th for me.....I'm so ready! EVERYTHING is done, and I've been on shakes for 6 days already! 4 more days of shakes, then 2 of just Clear Liquids. Hope everyone who already had theirs this month is doing well =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Firefighter12Wife said:

27th for me.....I'm so ready! EVERYTHING is done, and I've been on shakes for 6 days already! 4 more days of // shakes, then 2 of just clear liquids. Hope everyone who already had theirs this month is doing well =)//

You sound ready and motivated!! Good luck and have you lost over 25 pounds already?? CONGRATS!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made it!!! Finally on the losers bench... surgery was yesterday at around 3:00 pm. The gas pain immediately out of surgery was pretty intense, but it has eased up immensely! I'm walking and walking and walking this morning. Good luck to all of my fellow April sleevers. We got this!


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, NikNak01 said:

I made it!!! Finally on the losers bench... surgery was yesterday at around 3:00 pm. The gas pain immediately out of surgery was pretty intense, but it has eased up immensely! I'm walking and walking and walking this morning. Good luck to all of my fellow April sleevers. We got this!

Yes we do have this and good luck to you on your new journey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got banded 2013 (lap band) and then I was able to come off my CPAP once I lost a bunch of weight and man I was DELIGHTED but then my band slipped and I gained back most of if and now I'm going Wednesday the 26th to get a Bypass and I'm so excited to look and feel like that again . It's just so hard with being exhausted allllllll the time to get anything done let alone be a mom, a Chef in NYC and try to find time for the gym! Ha! That's. A joke! Well I hope you all are feeling well and I cavy what to be in recovery mode like all of you ! Even though I know it's going to be a tough road full of Protein Shakes Soup and homemade baby food lol !


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had mine done on the April 3rd. Having a support system in place before hand helped a lot. I wasn't really nervous because I knew I needed the surgery and I trusted my doctor. The roads not easy but don't read the surgery. Start talking to people to help you out. You need a good face to face imo as well as online. Good luck all! I'm down 20lbs. Motivation beast.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lovealwaysrosie said:

Just got the call from the Hospital!!! Have to be there 6am Monday morning surgery will be at 7:30! Way to exciteddddd emoji1373.png

Congratulations on your new journey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Cass Elliot said:

You sound ready and motivated!! Good luck and have you lost over 25 pounds already?? CONGRATS!!

Yes, thanks so much! From my highest weight I have been dropping since the beginning of the year. I have been trying not to weigh myself during this pre op diet. Just want to be surprised at the hospital! I am nervous a little, but mostly just excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • OutbackJo

      Has anyone had a gastric sleeve revision? 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mousiana

      Hate thinking about foods I used to love... Burgers & wings. Gotta stay focused. 😤
      · 1 reply
      1. WilliamZef

        https://gayxxx24.com - GayXXX Free Gay Porn Movies & Videos Free Gay XXX - Gay XXX.

    • Arabesque

      Went to see the Star Wars movie yesterday. (Glad I waited as no one else was in the cinema for the midday session - yes!) Hadn’t been to the cinema for a few months and OMG I suffered the most terrible butt pain.  So uncomfortable. Started after 30 mins. Was in the premium cinema so grabbed a cushion to sit on but it didn’t help. Ended up sitting sideways in the chair, stretched out on an ottoman. Soooo super glad no one else was there. Sometimes I do miss my old butt fat cushioning... but not really. 
      · 1 reply
      1. Panda333

        ha..I have that issue too.....miss my built in pillow!

    • Hollyh

      Approved surgery in am yea!
      · 3 replies
      1. Combowep

        https://blog.earny.me

      2. Tobencah

        Hello

      3. Tobencah

        Hello

    • maggie78

      I have a surgery date, I have my next doctor appointment on Wed and then Thursday I start my 2 week liquid pre-op diet. I am very nervous right now. I know it's going to be a tough mind game. 
      · 1 reply
      1. GreenTealael

        💚 Congratulations, you'll do great 💚

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×