Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm flying in tomorrow to be sleeved in Tijuana. I am beyond excited

14 minutes ago, carolinaskies said:

I'm flying in tomorrow to be sleeved in Tijuana. I am beyond excited

Good luck! I was excited even when they rolled me into the surgery room. I guess knowing I was doing something that would heal my body, and give me a 1000% better life, just somehow took the nerves away :780_sparkling_heart:

Good luck! I was excited even when they rolled me into the surgery room. I guess knowing I was doing something that would heal my body, and give me a 1000% better life, just somehow took the nerves away :780_sparkling_heart:

My thoughts exactly

Me too! Would love some scrambled eggs, or even a deviled egg!!! One more week to go.....

Hitting the egg stage seems exciting, but you can't eat enough to really do too much. Lol! Although I've only been in this stage for a couple of days I still drink my Protein Shakes to get my Protein in. My NUT told me that eating will get easier. I can only take her word for it. I read somewhere that the goal in phase 3 and 4 is to get in 6 oz of food. Today that seems impossible!!! Lol. That's sounds crazy to hear myself saying I can't eat 6 oz of food!!!! We'll get through this together!!!!

15 minutes ago, NikNak01 said:

I read somewhere that the goal in phase 3 and 4 is to get in 6 oz of food. Today that seems impossible!!! Lol. That's sounds crazy to hear myself saying I can't eat 6 oz of food!!!! We'll get through this together!!!!

Wow, I'm glad you said that. In the beginning I could only get in a quarter cup, or 2 oz, but now I can get 4-5 ounces in--especially with Protein Shakes. The first time I ate an egg, I think I did three tiny bites and today I think I'm eating half to 3/4's of it. Maybe I can do more, but I'm still feeling around to what 'full' feels like.

Question on energy levels. My surgery was last Wednesday and i was able to start doing stuff right away although I have the 20lb limit. Since Tuesday I have been over 7,000 steps and actual on Tuesday I got 18,000 steps from mowing the lawn. Now it takes me all day to do this. I can do a couple hours and then rest for about 20 and drink. I can not push through like I could before as my body gives me hard stop signals to rest but that has been getting better every day. I think the hardest has been hydration. Just curious how others are adjusting to lower calories.

15 minutes ago, Webapprentice said:

Question on energy levels. My surgery was last Wednesday and i was able to start doing stuff right away although I have the 20lb limit. Since Tuesday I have been over 7,000 steps and actual on Tuesday I got 18,000 steps from mowing the lawn. Now it takes me all day to do this. I can do a couple hours and then rest for about 20 and drink. I can not push through like I could before as my body gives me hard stop signals to rest but that has been getting better every day. I think the hardest has been hydration. Just curious how others are adjusting to lower calories and Engels.

I'm still amazed you could do all that your first week. How? lol. Maybe it's because I had my infected gallbladder out along with my vsg, I had zero energy that first week. On my fifth day post-op I drove around and went shopping and I was pooped after a few stores. I'm probably at 50% power right now and will attempt to walk a mile this afternoon. But, wow! 7 thousand steps? Amazing.

I am struggling with the whole hydration thing. Yesterday, when I thought I was finally on top of it, I made homemade broccoli-cheddar soup--which was super delicious--but salty. Which isn't saying much since I'm consuming considerably less salt by drinking Protein Shakes, Water, and diet cranberry juice mainly, which all have minimal sodium in them. I swear, I woke up feeling like Spongebob out of water. That's a no go-no go. But as for today, I drank 16 oz of ICE water and am working on a chocolate Premier Protein shake. Hopefully today will be better.

I'm averaging 600 calories a day, more or less, where are you at? Maybe you need more calories somehow since you're doing so much exercise.

Edited by Finding_Stacy

One week post op, down another 7 lbs for a total of 27 lbs lost all together!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, NikNak01 said:

Hitting the egg stage seems exciting, but you can't eat enough to really do too much. Lol! Although I've only been in this stage for a couple of days I still drink my Protein Shakes to get my Protein in. My NUT told me that eating will get easier. I can only take her word for it. I read somewhere that the goal in phase 3 and 4 is to get in 6 oz of food. Today that seems impossible!!! Lol. That's sounds crazy to hear myself saying I can't eat 6 oz of food!!!! We'll get through this together!!!!

Oh yes, I completely expect to be supplimenting with shakes for a while until I can get all my Protein without it. I also really like the Isopure Protein Drinks. really helps in this first stage after surgery!

I'm still amazed you could do all that your first week. How? lol. Maybe it's because I had my infected gallbladder out along with my vsg, I had zero energy that first week. On my fifth day post-op I drove around and went shopping and I was pooped after a few stores. I'm probably at 50% power right now and will attempt to walk a mile this afternoon. But, wow! 7 thousand steps? Amazing.
I am struggling with the whole hydration thing. Yesterday, when I thought I was finally on top of it, I made homemade broccoli-cheddar soup--which was super delicious--but salty. Which isn't saying much since I'm consuming considerably less salt by drinking Protein Shakes, Water, and diet cranberry juice mainly, which all have minimal sodium in them. I swear, I woke up feeling like Spongebob out of water. That's a no go-no go. But as for today, I drank 16 oz of ICE water and am working on a chocolate Premier Protein shake. Hopefully today will be better.
I'm averaging 600 calories a day, more or less, where are you at? Maybe you need more calories somehow since you're doing so much exercise.

Yea I would thing the extra surgery you need would not help you energy and it would take more time for recovery. Thanks for replying and I am praying all my April sleevers get their energy levels up. I am doing more steps as I am just putzing around house trying to stay busy as my work let me off for a month for the surgery. I been with them for 24 years so they just said take 4 but if you want comeback early you can. Anyway I am sure once the weight restrictions are off and I doing normal stuff steps might go down. It is interesting figuring what the new normal will be with limited calories.

Hi which protein drinks are having?

Hey guys: real disappointed right now! Had my sleeve on April 24th ...went for my almost two follow up and I've lost only 4lbs! I cried all the way home. I've done everything I was suppose to do and NOTHING. I lost 15lbs on my own during 3 week pre-op. Please tell me things will get better.

9 minutes ago, Missie69 said:

Hey guys: real disappointed right now! Had my sleeve on April 24th ...went for my almost two follow up and I've lost only 4lbs! I cried all the way home. I've done everything I was suppose to do and NOTHING. I lost 15lbs on my own during 3 week pre-op. Please tell me things will get better.

I didn't lose that much for pre-op since I was on a sodium filled cruise two weeks before surgery.

So, I look at it this way.

A lot of my weight loss, post surgery, should've been during pre-surgery. When we're dropping 15,20,25 pounds, that's not fat we're losing, that's mostly Water weight. You probably dropped it previously and now you're burning fat. Plus, you still have the swelling from surgery. I know I do and I had my surgery the same day as you.

Just remember, it doesn't matter if you're losing slower now, because soon, you may start losing faster while someone else is in a stall. In the end, what's important is consistency and focus to make it to goal and beyond. I'm sure you're doing better than you think, it'll be okay :780_sparkling_heart:

Thanks! Even though the scales doesn't show it, everyone is noticing and commenting. Gonna try and stay focused but I still have this crazy thought that I made a mistake...should I have gone with the bypass instead??? My girlfriend lost 30lbs a month after bypass. At my current rate I'm on track to lose 16lbs per month! 😐