Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

13 hours ago, Firefighter12Wife said:

Yes, thanks so much! From my highest weight I have been dropping since the beginning of the year. I have been trying not to weigh myself during this pre op diet. Just want to be surprised at the hospital! I am nervous a little, but mostly just excited.

Best of luck! Sounds like it will be a relatively painless event... let's hope! Congrats on the motiviation. So inspiring to others. Keep us posted on the flip side! PS I CANNOT believe that you havent weighed yourself!! You are disciplined, that's for sure.

Edited by Cass Elliot

On 2/4/2017 at 11:56 AM, lovealwaysrosie said:

I finally got my date for surgery!!!! So happy and nervous at the same time. Anyone else being sleeved on April 24th? I can't believe I only have two month left!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

April 24th too! I'm on your team! Good luck. Keep us posted on the flip side.

On 4/17/2017 at 2:26 PM, Erkaderka said:

Hi everyone! I've been a bit MIA since surgery. Have been trying to stay busy and have definitely been self reflective. Everything went well, but wow, what a surreal experience- probably because I traveled to Mexico for mine.

I was exhausted after the surgery and slept a lot. Had some nausea and pain (not too severe) for the first few days with a bit of dry heaving and one successful foamy vomit. Was up and walking the same day. The following day I walked about a half mile. The day after that I went to the San Diego Zoo, used a wheel chair off and on and also got a sunburn to add to my situation. 😎

I would say the first day I felt great was on the 5th day. Only had pain at the incisions and some bubbly guts, especially when I tried to drink Water too quickly.

All in all, considering I had most of my stomach removed, it's pretty incredible how quickly I'm healing. Each day is an improvement. The incisions are small which is a plus.

As far as hunger, ghrelin is one hell of a hormone. I literally still do not feel hungry at all. I do get "head" hungry and had a few moments of despair, beginning with being in Mexico and not able to eat tacos. I'm also going through weird cravings, like just a few moments ago I really wanted a sandwich with crunchy pickles. I thought about chips and queso several times yesterday. chocolate cake sounds too good to even think about, but sometimes I'll look at food and get grossed out. It's a whole new world. Sometimes I'll think I'm getting hunger pangs but it's actually just gas. Once it moves around and disappears, the feeling goes away.

I do have to keep reminding myself to stay hydrated. All in all, everything is good. Now, I need to go buy a scale! I haven't had one in years for fear that I might accidentally trip and fall on it and see my weight. It's strange to be excited to track it now.

Good luck to all the April and future sleevers!

Wow. Great description of your experience! How are you feeling now? I Have you weighed yourself? I love that you didnt want to have a scale before because you might fall on it and see your weight! So funny.

I am having my surgery in Mexico in 2 days. I was about to back out on Friday because of fear - still up and down back and forth. But I'm going and I'm excited as long as I don't think too much!! And I keep reading positive posts! Hope you are feeling well these days.

2 hours ago, Angell said:

I am done with all preop requirements. On day 7 of liquid diet and am starving!!!! Getting sleeved

April 27, 2017.

Me too! I'm so hungry I could eat a shoe.....a very dirty shoe!!! It will all be worth it, we are almost there. 4 days and a wake up until surgery!!!!

My fellow april sleevers I am 2 days post op. And I'm already feeling great and ready for this journey. I too had my surgery in Tijuana, and I believe that was the best hospital dr and staff experience I've ever had. Just gotta make sure I stay hydrated without my iv now. But good luck to everyone.

I have consult date set. I start pre op diet in one week. Then they set surgery date for sometime first of April. I haven't been nervous until now. I'm having anxious thoughts of how much Protein I need to drink and finding something I like. I bought two samples of Isopure (grape ands fruit punch) which is 40 G protein but they are huge and you have to drink two in a day. I can't hardly stand the taste now. How in the world will i be able to stand it if nauseous after surgery. Any advice on what kind to get that's tolerable? I think I wouldn't be as nervous if I could just nail down what Protein Shots to get that taste decent and give you the most protein for your buck. Any suggestions appreciated..

I bought New Whey protein shots 42,carbs in just three ounces. I intend to dilute them with sugar free koolaid, get my fluids and protein at the same time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow. Great description of your experience! How are you feeling now? I Have you weighed yourself? I love that you didnt want to have a scale before because you might fall on it and see your weight! So funny.
I am having my surgery in Mexico in 2 days. I was about to back out on Friday because of fear - still up and down back and forth. But I'm going and I'm excited as long as I don't think too much!! And I keep reading positive posts! Hope you are feeling well these days.

Cass -- where in Mexico are you going? I'm being sleeved on April 27. Good luck!!!

My sleeve date is 04/27/2017. Bring. It. On!

I'm being sleeved the same day. Are you an RN or is the username some other pun? I'm a nurse, so I thought maybe you were too.

My fellow april sleevers I am 2 days post op. And I'm already feeling great and ready for this journey. I too had my surgery in Tijuana, and I believe that was the best hospital dr and staff experience I've ever had. Just gotta make sure I stay hydrated without my iv now. But good luck to everyone.

NikNak01 - what team did you use in Tijuana?