Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post op I feel great.Pain was minimal scale of 1-10 I had maybe 2 at most.I had a little gas not much.Follow the clear liquid diet.Today I'm trying a Protein Shake 2 days before I'm scheduled and it is going down like a champ.Thanks Dr.Garcia.Other than leg numbness I feel 100

Glad you're feeling great. I'm also in Protein Shakes and surgery was on the 13th. Gas is getting much better. Reflux reflux and heartburn are also so much better that I don't need any meds for it.

1 hour ago, ck2kramer said:

I also had surgery on the 13th of April. It didn't take long. I was up and walking that evening. Slowly but surely. The following day I didn't need any extra pain medication. I did have to take carafate. An anti acid and make it easier to swallow. But thankfully yesterday or today I haven't taken anything else. I'm glad everything is working out on your end. I'm feeling good. It's hard to get one premiere Protein Shake in a day
It's 3pm and I got one down plus 24 oz of Water. I'm literally sipping on that or Water all day. My mouth is like cotton mouth still. I hope everybody else is going well. Good luck to those that haven't had surgery. Don't give up. We are all different and some heal faster than others. Much love to you all!

Congratulations to both of you on your new journey my surgery is tomorrow April 17

Congratulations to both of you on your new journey my surgery is tomorrow April 17

Good luck for your surgery tomorrow. Let us know how it went.

I'm glad you are doing ok thanks for letting us know how you are doing my big day is Monday at12:00

Good luck for your surgery today!

3 hours ago, TTrisha said:

Good luck for your surgery tomorrow. Let us know how it went.

Thank you and let you all know how my surgery went

I finally got my date for surgery!!!! So happy and nervous at the same time. Anyone else being sleeved on April 24th? I can't believe I only have two month left!
Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm on the 24th too!

I'm in my final pre-op appointments today with anesthesiologist, surgeon, labs, and 3 hour pre-op class. I'm really looking forward to next Monday and getting this done. Woohoo, only 1 more week to go!

On April 15, 2017 at 5:41 PM, PatientEleventyBillion said:

Let us know how it went. :)

Hi everyone! I've been a bit MIA since surgery. Have been trying to stay busy and have definitely been self reflective. Everything went well, but wow, what a surreal experience- probably because I traveled to Mexico for mine.

I was exhausted after the surgery and slept a lot. Had some nausea and pain (not too severe) for the first few days with a bit of dry heaving and one successful foamy vomit. Was up and walking the same day. The following day I walked about a half mile. The day after that I went to the San Diego Zoo, used a wheel chair off and on and also got a sunburn to add to my situation. 😎

I would say the first day I felt great was on the 5th day. Only had pain at the incisions and some bubbly guts, especially when I tried to drink Water too quickly.

All in all, considering I had most of my stomach removed, it's pretty incredible how quickly I'm healing. Each day is an improvement. The incisions are small which is a plus.

As far as hunger, ghrelin is one hell of a hormone. I literally still do not feel hungry at all. I do get "head" hungry and had a few moments of despair, beginning with being in Mexico and not able to eat tacos. I'm also going through weird cravings, like just a few moments ago I really wanted a sandwich with crunchy pickles. I thought about chips and queso several times yesterday. chocolate cake sounds too good to even think about, but sometimes I'll look at food and get grossed out. It's a whole new world. Sometimes I'll think I'm getting hunger pangs but it's actually just gas. Once it moves around and disappears, the feeling goes away.

I do have to keep reminding myself to stay hydrated. All in all, everything is good. Now, I need to go buy a scale! I haven't had one in years for fear that I might accidentally trip and fall on it and see my weight. It's strange to be excited to track it now.

Good luck to all the April and future sleevers!

I feel pretty good ,I had to stay an extra night hopefully going to go home todayy pH balances are off other than that pretty good just a little tired than usual but I can overcome that.How are you doing ?

Hope you are home. I'm good. Worse thing is feeling sore like I did too many sit ups.

I thought I would give everyone my update since my sleeve surgery on the 6th. First of all, I think I have the best surgeon in the world. In addition to being a great surgeon, he is so kind and nice, which makes the experience all the better. My pain and gas were minimal. I ended up having to have 7 scopes put in so my stomach has been sore and I ended up having a huge bruise about the size of a softball which is still quite prevalent, but other than that I'm doing great. I actually went back to work 5 days post op. I didn't take any pain medication after the third day post-op. For those of you who are worried and scared, I understand your apprehension, but don't worry. You will be fine. Follow your doctor's orders, drink your fluids as prescribed and you will do great!

Edited by JRaye

Same surgery date as you. Excited, nervous, hopeful, scared...

We got this!!