Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 hours ago, jaimevondawson said:

Interesting! Good luck and keep us all posted!

You count on me keep us posted

Hey guys I was sleeved on 4/5! I wish all of you luck on this journey! I am still dealing with nausea and vomiting. I don't want to discourage anyone but I'm feeling as if did I make the right decision? Idkk if it's just me ! But hope you guys have better luck recovering!

I had the VSG done last Wednesday on the 5th of April too!

A week out and still on a liquid diet. But I have no urge to eat lol. So it's okay. I haven't experienced any vomiting episodes and maybe had only one episode of nauseatedness. Hang in there. Stick to the book and you'll be fine!

PS just out of curiosity, did you get the VSG? If so, how much weight have you lost?

14 minutes ago, HERO said:

I had the VSG done last Wednesday on the 5th of April too!

A week out and still on a liquid diet. But I have no urge to eat lol. So it's okay. I haven't experienced any vomiting episodes and maybe had only one episode of nauseatedness. Hang in there. Stick to the book and you'll be fine!

PS just out of curiosity, did you get the VSG? If so, how much weight have you lost?

I'm happy you all is at home and both of you all have speedy recovery take care my surgery is 17th

I'm happy you all is at home and both of you all have speedy recovery take care my surgery is 17th

Keep us posted!

Good luck on your surgery

Today is the day all hooked up and ready to go. Wanted to say good luck to all of you having your surgery or have had yours , happy Recovery and good luck to our new journey and a healthier us .[emoji4]

7 minutes ago, Martinichic said:

Today is the day all hooked up and ready to go. Wanted to say good luck to all of you having your surgery or have had yours , happy Recovery and good luck to our new journey and a healthier us .emoji4.png

Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly :780_sparkling_heart:

Today is the day all hooked up and ready to go. Wanted to say good luck to all of you having your surgery or have had yours , happy Recovery and good luck to our new journey and a healthier us .

Best of luck to a speedy recovery! Hoping it all went well for you.

Hello everybody!!
I did it. I came out of surgery yesterday around 4pm eastern time. It's 6:03Am and I must say that the heartburn part was the worse then the pain as well made it more challenging. But if you go in it expecting it, then it won't come a surprise. I don't like when people sugar coat the recovery. Just expect the pain to be bad and hope it isn't. If I can get through it so each and every one of you can do it as well. I walked twice. I can now go to restroom alone and I'm sitting up with no issues. Just controlling my the heartburn and pain in advance is how I feel less pain. I'm praying for each and every one of you. Stay focused and don't forget your "whys" you're doing this and don't underestimate your strength.

I needed to here this! Hope you're feeling well!! I'm so scared. But only about the pain and gas. What kind of pain do you go through after? You're going to do so well!!! Thanks for being so inspiring!! [emoji171]

Hello everybody!!
I did it. I came out of surgery yesterday around 4pm eastern time. It's 6:03Am and I must say that the heartburn part was the worse then the pain as well made it more challenging. But if you go in it expecting it, then it won't come a surprise. I don't like when people sugar coat the recovery. Just expect the pain to be bad and hope it isn't. If I can get through it so each and every one of you can do it as well. I walked twice. I can now go to restroom alone and I'm sitting up with no issues. Just controlling my the heartburn and pain in advance is how I feel less pain. I'm praying for each and every one of you. Stay focused and don't forget your "whys" you're doing this and don't underestimate your strength.

I needed to here this! Hope you're feeling well!! I'm so scared. But only about the pain and gas. What kind of pain do you go through after? You're going to do so well!!! Thanks for being so inspiring!! [emoji171]

I needed to here this! Hope you're feeling well!! I'm so scared. But only about the pain and gas. What kind of pain do you go through after? You're going to do so well!!! Thanks for being so inspiring!!

Amanda,

The heartburn and pain were my biggest fears as well. Like I mentioned earlier, if you go in there expecting he worse pain then you've prepared yourself mentally. I mean nobody can literally say it was easy and I didn't have any pain. I mean we're all different. I had the sweetest staff. They really communicate with you if you're nice and just relay your issues clearly. Sometimes we don't understand what it is we're feeling if it's something we've never felt. Just try your best at explaining what it is you're feeling. The first day and night are the worse but the following day you feel a big difference. I still have some heartburn but they've been giving me some carafan I don't know how to spell it correctly. Well that's helped me a great deal with heartburn. My dr order a pain pump machine so control my own pain meds. Reason being is that I take chronic pain meds at home so he wanted to make sure I didn't get the minimum of pain relievers cuz it would be like I wasn't given anything for pain. Ahhhh how I love my dr. He's definitely heaven sent. Sorry for the long message.
You got this. Don't worry yourself too much just be prepared. Wishing you the best. Keep us posted. When is your surgery?