Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here just waiting for approval?

On 2/2/2017 at 9:03 PM, shortyp79 said:

I'm sure it's just nerves, and i was told with BCBS it takes longer than most other insurance companies, but I'm going nucking futs. Had my initial dr appt in Dec, nut appt Jan 10th, and psych eval Jan 16th.... trying to wait patiently.... i estimated the max of 6 wks being Feb 27th.... 4 wks being Feb 13th. I called BCBS yesterday, and they said my status is still pending.... anybody in this boat with me? emoji87.pngemoji87.png

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

omg ihave bcbs as well.. i am going for a revision from lap band to vsg.. i started this process in oct 2016.. had everything submitted in Dec.. was denying 3 times and now its in appeals..when i call they just keep saying it looks like they are going to over turn the denial.. but it's still in proces!! AAARRRGGGHH!!!! soooo annoying!!

I'm waiting for my paperwork to be submitted. Surgeon's office is scheduled to submit on Feb 28th, a full 180 days from when I started my required 6 month supervised program. I have Anthem BCBS of CA. I'm really hoping the approval process is quick! Hoping to be scheduled for surgery at the end of March.

I'm so anxious I can't stand it. My nerves :-(

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

On 2/8/2017 at 8:38 PM, jennifer1 said:

omg ihave bcbs as well.. i am going for a revision from lap band to vsg.. i started this process in oct 2016.. had everything submitted in Dec.. was denying 3 times and now its in appeals..when i call they just keep saying it looks like they are going to over turn the denial.. but it's still in proces!! AAARRRGGGHH!!!! soooo annoying!!

UPDATE!!! I was finally approved after the appeals process and my surgery date is MARCH 14TH! YEAHHHHH!

I have Aetna and my nerves are a mess. My file was submitted in the beginning of February. Last week they one of the files did not open so my dr's office had to resubmit. This made me so irritated. I am getting a revision to the sleeve. I am nervous because I heard that Aetna is so picky.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yes. I have united healthcare through the state of WI & I was nervous about a phone call I received yesterday because my insurance is hands down strict. So they called & told me that my diagnosis was accepted (sleep apnea), then, they told me the bmi requirement is you have to be above 40 (which I am) but I'm under 50 by 3 so that I have to reach a 50bmi by March 1st which is my 1st dietitian appointment. Then they told me I have to find every primary doctor I had since 2012 because you have to prove that you've been overweight 5yrs...that was a complete hassle since I was in different state. Then I was told that my current dr had to have charted for 2years me trying different diets and weight loss programs. My dr said she has all of that & not too worry. I'm just nervous what my drs from 2012-2015 charted and if that would make the insurance deny me?? I know I've been overweight since I was 9yrs old so I'm just praying that the medical records says so.

On 2/3/2017 at 6:34 AM, vsgbutterflyeffect said:
I have BCBS Federal. It took less than a day for approval. I was shocked. I am waiting now to select my surgery date.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

I'm not confident that my surgeon's office's insurance preparer is particularly dedicated as I already alerted her to an issue that she didn't catch. :/ My paperwork is supposed to be submitted Tuesday, 28 February. So, fingers crossed.

Edited by ursusmaritimus

I'm not confident that my surgeon's office's insurance preparer is particularly dedicated as I already alerted her to an issue that she didn't catch. :/ My paerwork is supposed to be submitted Tuesday, 28 February. So, fingers crossed.

[mention=312122]ursusmaritimus[/mention] I feel the same about my insurance preparer. For two weeks now I have been calling to see when everything will be submitted and each time there is something else they need even though I completed their checklist. Now she tells me my supervised appointment for January may not count and I may have to start over. UUUUGGGHHHH

On top of that my insurance and my Dr's office keep telling me different things. My ins is Anthem BCBS GA and they say I have to do 6 months of visits but my Dr's office says my plan pays through BCBS local and I only need 3 months. I really want this wls but I have plans for the fall and if I have to start over it may not happen. So fustrated right now!!!

I have BCBS TX and I was approved in exactly 1 week. I did call insurance company everyday after I found out they received my paperwork

[mention=312122]ursusmaritimus[/mention] I feel the same about my insurance preparer. For two weeks now I have been calling to see when everything will be submitted and each time there is something else they need even though I completed their checklist. Now she tells me my supervised appointment for January may not count and I may have to start over. UUUUGGGHHHH

On top of that my insurance and my Dr's office keep telling me different things. My ins is Anthem BCBS GA and they say I have to do 6 months of visits but my Dr's office says my plan pays through BCBS local and I only need 3 months. I really want this wls but I have plans for the fall and if I have to start over it may not happen. So fustrated right now!!!

I'm so sorry! That sounds horrible.

I hate complaining about things I can't change...buuuuuut, I can't stand the staff at my surgeon's office. They have terrible attitudes and whenever I ask questions, they ALWAYS act like I'm inconveniencing them. Honestly--audible huffs and eye rolling!

I'm feeling afraid to call for fear the insurance processor will "forget" to get to my paperwork. Ugh. Unfortunately, my insurance requires I use this "center of excellence" (my a**).

So, bottom line, my heart is with you and your not the only one dealing with incompetent and/or purposefully crappy medical office support staff.

I'm so excited I found out today that I was approved!!! I'm with High Mark BCBS and it only took them 2 days to approve me, so maybe it will come fast for everyone else. Now to get my surgery date and get through my 2 week pre-op diet then I will FINALLY be on the losers bench.