Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Buddies Summer 2017

hi all! I'm having RNY on June 20th! Anyone else in June?

Hi SouthDakotaSomeone - How are things going for? Hope you are doing well!

I'm doing really well! Like so well, i wonder if they did anything! Lol. no bad reactions, no problems, nothing. easy sailing. Did you have surgery as well,

My surgery date isn't until July 25th.

Did you have the sleeve or rny?

SouthDakota had RNY. That is what I am having also .... what about you amyemer? Refresh my memory on your surgery date

SouthDakota had RNY. That is what I am having also .... what about you amyemer? Refresh my memory on your surgery date

No surgery date yet. At this point hoping for September and I'm looking at having RNY. My next appointment with my surgeon is Thursday.

I'm doing really well! Like so well, i wonder if they did anything! Lol. no bad reactions, no problems, nothing. easy sailing. Did you have surgery as well,

Not surgery related but I just wanted to say hi from another South Dakota native! Born and raised in Sioux Falls but I moved to ND for college when I was 18 and have been here since! Glad to hear you're doing well, I hope my surgery goes that great!

met with my surgeon April 20, going with the RNY, I have completed almost everything, I have my last nutrition class/weigh in on july 13 then my surgeon will send info to my insurance to complete process hoping to have procedure by august im in Houston tx!

Edited by collins4985

1 hour ago, collins4985 said:

met with my surgeon April 20, going with the RNY, I have completed almost everything, I have my last nutrition class/weigh in on july 13 then my surgeon will send info to my insurance to complete process hoping to have procedure by august im in Houston tx!

I just had RNY on 6/21/17. I'm in Copperas Cove, Texas. I'm right near Fort Hood. Good luck with your surgery and I hope you get your date in August! Keep us posted!

Just now, ColleenErin1974 said:

I just had RNY on 6/21/17. I'm in Copperas Cove, Texas. I'm right near Fort Hood. Good luck with your surgery and I hope you get your date in August! Keep us posted!

ok awesome will do ! hows things going for you? any gas pain, is food staying down are you able to start working out yet?

4 hours ago, collins4985 said:

ok awesome will do ! hows things going for you? any gas pain, is food staying down are you able to start working out yet?

Things are going good. I still have pain in my left side, but my doctor said that's normal. I had gas pain for about 8 days and walking is what helped that the most. I'm on puréed foods now and so far no issues. I'm limited on my diet per my doctor. It's a small list of purées, but it's not too bad. I can't have mashed potatoes, puddings, thick Soups, certain veggies, and certain fruits. I'm allowed to do cardio now, but no weight lifting yet. I'm limited on my cardio due to a broken foot, so I'm going to check out a gym with aquatic classes for my cardio.

Hi there, Surgery 7/5/17 in Arizona. Wishing everyone well on their journey!

How are you doing AZ Bonnie? You're 3 days postop?

Things are going good. I still have pain in my left side, but my doctor said that's normal. I had gas pain for about 8 days and walking is what helped that the most. I'm on puréed foods now and so far no issues. I'm limited on my diet per my doctor. It's a small list of purées, but it's not too bad. I can't have mashed potatoes, puddings, thick Soups, certain veggies, and certain fruits. I'm allowed to do cardio now, but no weight lifting yet. I'm limited on my cardio due to a broken foot, so I'm going to check out a gym with aquatic classes for my cardio.

It amazes me how different dr's are when it comes to what we can and can not have ... sugar free/fat free pudding is on my list of ok foods along with creamy soups

2 hours ago, mjfx2 said:

It amazes me how different dr's are when it comes to what we can and can not have ... sugar free/fat free pudding is on my list of ok foods along with creamy soups

Yeah, there are a wide variety of differences from doctor to doctor, from pre op to all post op stages of diets.