Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Buddies Summer 2017

I have my last Appt for Medical weight management in June ... Hoping to have my surgery July or August ... Any one else planning on having gastric bypass around then?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm hoping for August as that's the earliest my insurance will allow however I'm still waiting on a call on the referral to even get the process started.

I'll be completing my supervised 6 month diet in June. I'm hoping to have my surgery in July or August before my kids go back to school. I'll be meeting my surgeon for the first time on Feb. 16th. I'm excited but also nervous about the upcoming appointment :)

I will be having my surgery in July (fingers crossed!). My 6 month supervised diet will be done in March. I am waiting until July because I have so many obligations this spring that I can't risk not feeling well. I will have to have one last pcp visit 30 days before they will try for aporoval. I am so nervous of gaining any of the weight back between March and July. I have never been very good at keeping weight off! Very afraid of self sabotage.... Glad to meet you all! I hope we will all be successful. It will be great to have people at the same point!

Edited by MaggieH2

I will be having my surgery in July (fingers crossed!). My 6 month supervised diet will be done in March. I am waiting until July because I have so many obligations this spring that I can't risk not feeling well. I will have to have one last pcp visit 30 days before they will try for aporoval. I am so nervous of gaining any of the weight back between March and July. I have never been very good at keeping weight off! Very afraid of self sabotage.... Glad to meet you all! I hope we will all be successful. It will be great to have people at the same point!

Thank you everyone for your responses.

MaggieH2 I haven't really been instructed to start losing weight I'm guessing that may come at my next Appt ,,, what did you do to lose weight?

How much were you able to lose?

Mjfx2-
To be honest, I haven't lost any weight [emoji53]. I have been logging my food with My Fitness Pal and using my Fitbit to try and get between 10 and 15 thousand steps a day. They don't have a certain amount I need to lose, I just need to not gain. I am struggling more than ever to lose any. Without my crash dieting or fad diets , I just seem to flounder. My nutritionist thinks my diet is pretty good with the exception of portion size and snacking with evening snacking on cheese and wine.... he believes my metabolism is screwy from all my yrs of yoyo dieting.... I can't wait to finally have a solution.!
Keep me updated on what your dr has you do....
i have been replacing Breakfast with premier protien a couple days a week

Im Planning to have my surgery the end of May or early June.

I am scheduled for surgery on July 10th. Originally was scheduled for March but I had to push it back. I'm in the process of getting my ducks in a row for surgery. I have my second NUT appointment in 2 weeks (only need 3) and I have to start my pre-op diet at the end of June. I can't wait, but have waited this long, what are a couple more months. Good luck to all of us!

MaggieH2 -

I have my next appt next Wednesday. I'll let you know if there are any guidelines to have me lose weight before surgery. If I heard the lady from my insurance plan correctly she said my surgery wouldn't depend on whether I lost, gained or stayed the same. But of course it would be nice if I lost some.

I had my first app feb 9th. Aetna does a 3 month diet. Surgery will be sometime in June.

How's everyone doing? I had my 2nd NUT Appt last week. I had to set a couple of goals. So we decided I would focus on not skipping meals and increase my steps. I've definitely have done better with not skipping meals and increased my steps over the weekend but not so good over the past two days. Going to keep plugging along though. Please share if you are working on anything?