Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm three and 1/2 weeks out from having my surgery. (Jan 11) and I'm going out with friends for the Super Bowl. I'm keeping my journey private. What can I drink and eat while out with them. Can I have chicken wings? Can I have ONE glass of wine? Can't have soda Water right?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Absolutely NO to alcohol! Your stomach is still healing. You will put yourself at risk for an ulcer. Soda Water? Are you allowed to have carbonation? I say eat before you go. I'm sure you can do a chicken wing but they are fried and probably won't settle well. You have to be easy on your stomach. At 4 weeks I was on soft food. I couldn't have tolerated any of this.

3.5 weeks? You can have soft foods right? No carbonation, no sugar, no solids, no alcohol. I'd recommend sticking to Water (or whatever you drink instead of water) and your own food. Trust me, if you try to eat any of the food you will probably be quite sick and could hurt your stomach incision. Your tummy isn't ready for that stuff.

If it were me? I'd just say you are on a diet and are doing shakes.

If you are on soft foods and going out to eat, you can have a soft fish, like salmon. I can go to almost any restaurant here in town and find salmon on the menu. You could get it with a side of mashed sweet potato or mashed potatoes.... you will be shooting to eat your Protein first, of course. Take the leftovers home.... or don't.... whatever. :)

No alcohol.

No soft drinks.

You've got to take care of your healing tummy and it is way to early to consider a glass of wine and the chicken wings.

You can have Soups, and if you mix food with Water, you can create Soups in your mouth. And if you bypass the effects of the surgery, what's the point? You will likely be much happier staying to plan and avoiding all the foods you just can't have. I was sleeved 3 days before thanksgiving, it sucked but boosted my self confidence to stay the course

I'm 5 weeks out. I'm currently on what my program calls soft solids, so not mushy but one step up (tender meats, cheese, eggs, soft fruits and veggies, most dairy, rice, potato and toast).

The party I'm going to is having pizza and Wings. I plan to eat wings, pulling the fried skin off and just eating the chicken inside and I'm making Chili, which everyone likes so it won't draw attention to me!

I was sleeved 12/5 so Christmas was 3 weeks after that. My surgeon said it was ok for me to have a few sips of wine.

I would never drink alcohol 3 weeks after surgery!!! I'm 3 months post-op and I still haven't. You need to check with your surgeon before doing anything so drastic.

Alcohol.... Nope. Nada. Not a sip.

Take your own food or eat before and say you're not hungry or your tummy is upset so you don't want to eat and be sick. That's as near to the truth as you can get.

Enjoy

I am 12 days post op. On purées. I am dying for a tortilla chip. I love refried bean dip but without a chip is killing me especially with Super Bowl Sunday. Has anyone had a chip or a cracker and just mush it in their mouth really good?

I am 12 days post op. On purées. I am dying for a tortilla chip. I love refried bean dip but without a chip is killing me especially with Super Bowl Sunday. Has anyone had a chip or a cracker and just mush it in their mouth really good?

I'm sure someone has but you're on purées so no one is going to tell you that it's okay to not follow your post op orders.

To all the newly post op, please see Super Bowl Sunday for what it is...one afternoon. One afternoon that you tell yourself, no to booze and junk food. Your sleeve is for the Rest of Your Life (assuming you don't eff it up). Stop acting as though one afternoon is unbearable. Pre op, you most likely had a two week liquid diet; that was 14 days and you did it! Now you are 3, 4, or 5 weeks out and you can't handle one afternoon? The wants you are listing- alcohol, tortilla chips, and fried chicken- are what put us on the operating table to begin with. Why let one afternoon get you twisted? Stay the course now so you can be a success story later.

I know for me I'm not planning to eff it up. I was looking for some suggestions/alternates to the junk food. Ps I only had one day all liquid diet.

Let's keep it real- Wine and fried wings are not junk alternatives, so yea, you were asking for permission to have them. However someone here mentioned chili and someone else mentioned refried Beans both are good choices assuming you are cleared for them.