Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-op gastric sleeve.

Nice to meet you fuzzy1972. I was also sleeved on January 30th and just got home from the hospital about an hour ago. I was lucky...not too much gas pain, although there has been some nausea.. I'm sipping on my first Protein shake. I'm trying to decide what to do next. Nap? Attempt to poop? Burp?

The possibilities are limitless!

Congratulations to both of you ladies on your surgery!

I actually enjoyed the full liquid stage and never seemed to get tired of strained cream of celery Soup with unflavored Protein powder mixed in it.

Also @@Hollyhock don't be surprised if it takes you several days before you are able to poop. I went for 8 days until I felt like I needed to go, and also I was constipated (I was still on pain med and it was part of the reason). Wound up taking Miralax and Milk of Magnesia (doctor said those were fine to take). Then I was able to go.

Good luck ladies! :)

Nice to meet you fuzzy1972. I was also sleeved on January 30th and just got home from the hospital about an hour ago. I was lucky...not too much gas pain, although there has been some nausea.. I'm sipping on my first Protein shake. I'm trying to decide what to do next. Nap? Attempt to poop? Burp?

The possibilities are limitless!

Seems like I'm constantly burping...which is a good thing I guess and the gas came yesterday which was a good thing too, I'm just really ready for FOOD!!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Also had surgery on the 30th. Most of my pain is in the larger incision where they took the stomach and band out. Remembering to drink an ounce every 15 minutes is my biggest challenge. I can start Protein Shakes tomorrow.

16 days post op for me and working on the pureed diet. I can get the liquid Protein Shakes down without too much issue but am unable to eat the pureed foods without feeling tight and really full after 3-5 tiny baby bites. Is this normal or am I eating too much? I could use some instruction on this issue please. How should it feel in one's tummy after eating?

I had surgery on the 30th also and was discharged yesterday . I feel great with the exception of the soreness around the incision areas . I really did not have gas pain which I'm happy about and I ???? two times at the hospital b4 I was discharged and passing gas was not an issue as well. I feel like one of the lucky ones that I am having a smooth transition thus far . I start the post op liquid diet today and hopefully all will go well along with drinking the Protein Shakes . We got this .

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

Thank you everyone! @@mylighthouse cram of celery Soup sounds delicious right now.

I'm starting on Protein Shakes today but thinning them. We just iput in a wood stove and I'm enjoying the fire.

I got a lot of sleep last night since the nausea meds totally knock me out. Thinking about a short walk up the street later.

I am post op almost 2 weeks. I had no problem getting the 3 preimer Protein shakes in, but unfortunately i wasn't getting enough water/fluids in. I was backed up in ways NO ONE should be backed up & spent a night in the ER monday. When i went to the doc office the next day & spoke with the RN, she said while it's great to get the Protein in, only do it IF i'm getting the 64 oz of other fluids in to stay hyrdated. Let me say, i cut the shakes & increased the Water and WOW, do i feel so much better, i'm more tired, but otherwise it's much more comfortable. I also started pureed food yesterday, SLOWLY does it. 1 oz at a time.....chili never tasted so good after 4-5 weeks of Fluid only.

Am so glad you're feeling better. I've heard others say the chili thing works great for them too. Good luck on you journey! I'm 18 post op and doing the pureed thing. I like egg beaters and 2% chesse slice and refried Beans and pureed meats. Yay for US!

Congratulations to both of you ladies on your surgery!

I actually enjoyed the full liquid stage and never seemed to get tired of strained cream of celery Soup with unflavored Protein powder mixed in it.

Also @@Hollyhock don't be surprised if it takes you several days before you are able to poop. I went for 8 days until I felt like I needed to go, and also I was constipated (I was still on pain med and it was part of the reason). Wound up taking Miralax and Milk of Magnesia (doctor said those were fine to take). Then I was able to go.

Good luck ladies! :)

I'm wrestling with severe Constipation today, comparable to after childbirth. So far, none of the usual remedies have helped. If it is not cleared up by tomorrow, I guess I'll have to drop in on the urgent care.

@@Hollyhock so sorry to hear that. I know the Constipation can be horrible, but I hope you are able to go and don't have to go to urgent care. Feel better!