Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone had Gallbladder issues?

Before or after surgery? How did you know you had a problem?

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using the BariatricPal App

Sorry, I haven't had issues. Before surgery I had an ultrasound of my gall bladder to check for stones and since I didn't have any I was able to keep . I am currently on medication (only 6 days left) to prevent gall stones.

I had gallbladder issues before I at first had an inflamed gallbladder and that was pain in my back and shoulders went to the dr and they did an ultrasound and diagnosed it. Couple years after I went to the dr with bowel problems and she asked about my gallbladder again and found I had gallstones size of sand. Ended up in the hospital because I had passed one, I was extremely nauseous then all the sudden I had the worst pain I've ever felt in my stomach I couldn't even move. I haven't had it out, but I plan to do so because of surgery and how rapid weight loss effects the gallbladder

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thanks! (haven't had surgery yet) I have been having some symptoms, but nothing too dramatic. (Upper abdominal pressure and oily stools) no pain. Wondered whether it could be gallbladder related.

Thanks! (haven't had surgery yet) I have been having some symptoms, but nothing too dramatic. (Upper abdominal pressure and oily stools) no pain. Wondered whether it could be gallbladder related.

No problem, and it could be! I'd check with your doctor just to make sure.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am in between doctors right now. Should have the new one in pkace in a couple months.

Had my gallbladder removed July/2015. I asked the Dr to remove my lapband at the same time. You will know if you are having a gallbladder problem I was in so much pain. It fault like gas that stuck after you have surgery. Once I knew the foods that trigger it I just didn't eat them until after my surgery.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Thanks! I guess it's probably something else, since I haven't had pain.. I'll definitely tell my new doc about my symptoms. Maybe he'll give a hoot! Lol. Last Doc couldn't see past the fat.

Had my gallbladder removed July/2015. I asked the Dr to remove my lapband at the same time. You will know if you are having a gallbladder problem I was in so much pain. It fault like gas that stuck after you have surgery. Once I knew the foods that trigger it I just didn't eat them until after my surgery.

I had one gb attack and ended up with acute pancreatitis. Terrible pain! That was 17 years ago and I haven't had any issues since having my gb removed.

I have a non-working gallbladder and hiatal hernia that the DR will repair or take out when I have the sleeve done. I am so ready to feel good again.. This has been a long 8 month journey.

@Berry78 I hate when doctors blame everything on the fat and don't actually look into the underlying issue. I'm very thankful my current doctors don't do that! I had Gallbladder issues after surgery. My symptoms started extreme nausea. So much so that I couldnt even smell coffee without gagging. Then I started to have PAIN so much so that I had to call an ambulance because I couldn't even move. I had my gallbladder removed 10/28/16 . That was about 5 months after my sleeve surgery.