Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My story and time line - New York, NY

Hi, I'm 2 days post up and I'm going to journal what happened so others can be educated on what to expect, it was a more rough experience than what I expected. Will follow up soon.

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

Pre op diet.

I started my pre op diet on Saturday afternoon, I started clear liquid and remained on clear liquid until my surgery which was on Monday morning @ 8:30am.

The clear liquid diet is not hard to follow, you just need to make sure that you can see through the liquid or not even so much seeing through, it should not be anything in pieces or pureed.

I drank freshly squeezed juices and chicken broth until Sunday at 10PM, which was my last sip of freshly squeezed lemon into Water.

My surgeon is very liberal when it comes to the pre op diet it looks, because I am reading here some people being on Clear liquids for 4 or even 6 weeks, BRUTAL!

Next part surgery---

Will be following this thread! My surgery is on 2/14, I'm on day 2 of my "liver-shrinking" pre-op diet, which isn't very difficult (Protein shakes for Breakfast and lunch, broth for Snacks, and awesomely, I get to have a real, low-carb dinner).

One big reason why I'm interested in your story is because you're male—it’s no secret that guys seem to be in the minority here on BariatricPal, and in the WLS community in general, so I'm always looking for other dudes’ experiences since the nuances can sometimes be different than those of our sister sleevers!

Will be following this thread! My surgery is on 2/14, I'm on day 2 of my "liver-shrinking" pre-op diet, which isn't very difficult (Protein shakes for Breakfast and lunch, broth for Snacks, and awesomely, I get to have a real, low-carb dinner).

One big reason why I'm interested in your story is because you're male—it’s no secret that guys seem to be in the minority here on BariatricPal, and in the WLS community in general, so I'm always looking for other dudes’ experiences since the nuances can sometimes be different than those of our sister sleevers!

I also thought so. Very few male sleevers here, I think men don't like to "share" their experience as much as women do :-)

I will continue maybe later today, I have a lot to say, and as much as I read here and did my research, and having friends who did it, I did not have the full picture, not sure why.

Anyways, good news is here:

HW: 308

SW: 304

CW: 290

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

Waiting with bated breath....

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using the BariatricPal App