Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to get 64-70g of protein in?!

I'm still in my liquid phase (past the Clear Liquids phase) and move to puréed foods in a few days. I've been drinking Isopure Protein Drinks, which contain 40g per bottle and that helps. But every time I try to add Protein powder to pudding, broth, etc. it just tastes awful and makes me feel sick. Any suggestions on easy ways to get protein in? I'm wondering if I could eat my normal broth, pudding, Jello as is and not add Protein Powder. Then get my protein through my Isopure drinks and Atkins Protein Drinks (20g per bottle)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That is what I did.

I honestly didn't really worry too much about my Protein intake on the puree food. I got down a shake if I could, a little cottage cheese, but if I wasn't up for it I didn't push myself. I built up to my protein goal as I healed and at the one month mark when I got cleared to start the gym I was hitting it every day.

Edited by TinyLittleFractures

Thanks y'all!!

I had one shake a day while I was on puree. To be honest, most days I start with a Protein shake and I'll be six months out at the end of this month.

I like pure Protein bars, taste like a candy bar, 20g Protein, 3g sugar, but 200 calories. It's the only way I get my protein in 3 a day. 6 are in a box and they are about 7$ per box. I cannot drink my protein. The texture of Protein drinks turn my stomach.

post-299244-14858806723245_thumb.jpg

So what is the advantage of a Protein Bar over eating, say, 2 oz of cheese? The kind I have is 16 grams of Protein for 2 oz at 160 calories and no sugar or carbs.

CrowMilk what kind of cheese and how far out are you?

Hy-Vee part-skim mozzarella cheese sticks. I mispoke, it's 6 grams for 1 oz. I am 1 month and 10 days post.

So what is the advantage of a Protein bar over eating, say, 2 oz of cheese? The kind I have is 16 grams of Protein for 2 oz at 160 calories and no sugar or carbs.

Personally I can't eat cheese, it's too hard on my stomach. I'm also not tracking calories or sugars at this point of the game. I still don't eat enough to make it to even 1,000 cals a day four+ months out.