Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a surgery date for my Gastric Bypass on 1/25/17 at University of Washington medical center. I was brought in, but under general anesthesia, tube down my throat, Iv's in place, and catheter. I was woke up after they held a scalpel to my tummy to that left a mark, to be told they had to cancel do it they didn't have the medical stapler used in surgery and could not find one. They said this has never happened before. They had me under for over an hour before waking me up.

They scared the crap out of my Husband too, telling him they are so sorry and this never happens without getting to the point, he thought I had died. They sent me home and I just got re scheduled. what a horror. I want to sue, but because they didn't seriously injure me I cant get a Lawyer, even though there is plenty of emotional, financial, and negligence that effected me. They didn't even clean me up before kicking me out of the hospital. They left all the marker marks, Patches, stickers and what not on me.

Sorry that came out not sounding how I meant it. I can only imagine how frustrating that was and it was really unprofessional of them to not be prepared for the surgeries on their docket, but given that they found out before they were inside, I'm not sure there is anything to sue for?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

There is no wrong doing as you were not cut. I would be happy they had not started the procedure.

Have you never made a mistake??

Sue that is what is wrong with people today. ❄️❄️❄️

Edited by Keri1019

Because we've never been upset and said things out of context before?

Anyways, I'm so sorry this happened. I'm glad that they were able to reschedule. Take a breather. It's hard. But.. YOU ARE OKAY!!! Remember that and keep it moving.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

MAN O MIGHTY!!! What a DAARN bummer!!! Sorry but...the best thing is, you can still get your WLS. Also at least they hadn't opened you totally up. But...I agree they should be more on the ball. LOL Very frustrating.

Leaving for the hotel today, and surgery in the Morning, again, lol.

Good luck to you. See you on the loser's bench

Oh man! Can you imagine? Husband is in waiting room, and someone comes out... first words are "I'm sorry" ????!!!!

Glad he didn't have a heart attack!

Good luck on round 2!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using the BariatricPal App